What's new

Wow this has gotten out of hand!

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
So bought myself a nice 150ct Daniel Marshal Humi less than 2 months ago... Did not own 1 stick when i bought it... Fast forward 50 days (ish) and it's FULL + i have had to move some sticks to my locker at the B&M...

How in the world did this happen lol

What have most done, sell there current humi and upgrade to bigger and better (mine was NOT cheap). Add a second humi?

This really is an odd situation as i never thought i would fill within 2 months

HELP!

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
I was thinking that.. Lemme ask, what is the market like for a 50 day old Daniel Marshal? am I going to lose my socks selling it? Will it sell?etc...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sorry, not sure why it linked the Wine Cooler thread twice. Check out the Cooler/Igloo'dor thread. Very little money, for very Mucho storage space.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
c money - HELP![/QUOTE said:
I can only offer condolences. Started out the same way. I now have 50, 150, 300 and 1500 stick humidors.

I don't count the 50 or 150 any longer since they are my daily "go to's", but I'm working hard on the 1500 stick humi - she's currently stocked at close to 800. But then again, I've been at it for more than 50 days - but now you have something to shoot for - and I'm more than likely a low count guy here on BOTL WRT sticks.

later,

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Good point. I meant to say something about that. C, you are in VERY good company, lol. Most of us have been down this exact road. I still remember when I bought my first Humidor (long ago gifted out). I stopped into a cigar shop with my wife in Ybor city and started browsing the Humidors. I had picked up a couple of cigars and the wife came by and saw what I was looking at, checked the price and said, "why not?" I'm betting she kicks herself regularly for that decision! :wink: Still, in very short time I had filled that humidor (25, 50 stick...can't really remember) and had picked up a second. And off to the races from there.

Of course I've managed to keep it somewhat reasonable I guess. I currently have a 30 bottle wine cooler and a 48 Qt cooler. Neither is busting at the seems at the moment either which is pretty good. Of course, if I hit the PowerBall on Saturday I'll need a Mother-in-Law suite at our new house to act as the walk-in. :rofl:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Yep, the same here. I started with a 75 count hummi years ago and once I joined here.....................

I have 2 48qt cooliors in the basement.......And I almost had to buy a 3rd but my overall volume is down for now.....Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ditto ... got a "100" count desktop that I was lucky to get 40 or so into. The next month I stepped up to a wine cooler. Its a slippery slope for sure

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I was thinking that.. Lemme ask, what is the market like for a 50 day old Daniel Marshal? am I going to lose my socks selling it? Will it sell?etc...
If you need the funds to upsize, then yeah, you can sell it... but it will most likely be at a noticeable discount.

That said, I think most, including myself, hang on to the desktop and use it for overflow, dryboxing, cigars for guests, aesthetics, etc.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have 5 humidors, 1 tupperdor, 4 travel humidors, and a humidor bag that are stuffed full. Just keep adding. If you get rid of it you will wish you still had it soon.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Laugh if you must but I keep all of my cigars in 2 liter canning jars with a Boveda pack in each. Depanding on the vitola the the jars can hold up to 20 smokes which means I can keep them together by brand. The Boveda pack lasts a year which for a guy that couldn't even keep a fish tank maintained it's perfect. The cigars are always perfect and they look cool on the shelf in my closet, the closet being the best place to avoid direct sunlight. Right now I have 36 jars and room for at least 50 more. If you're into the cedar taste you can just put a piece of it in the jar with them.

2 Liter Fico canning jar link

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have all been there. Coolidor is my suggestion. That will give you time to plan out your next move without breaking the bank.

My first 6 months went form 5 cigars in a $20 , 50ct. hand me down humidor , to a 48qt coolidor ,to a Wineador stocked with 300 plus cigars 8 or so lighters, 5 cutters 3 herf-a-dors ( you get the picture)...... not to mention the coolidor is now used for box storage.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
keep the humi you have for a desk top, display humi. The store boxes in you new wine cooler, or igloo cooler.