What's new

Wow this has gotten out of hand!

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
OMG, it's been just short of a year and the best advice I ever got with regard to storage was as follows, and I quote:

"Just save yourself the money and headaches and buy a cabinet NOW!"

He was so right..... :stickbeat

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Seasoning my 60qt "icecube" igloo-idor as we speak... so easy, cheap, and this thing has got a small, well-sealed lid. Plus, it is on wheels and has a telescoping handle, so i'll be "rolling my own cigars" in no time (ba-dum-bum, ching!)

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The slope is just too damned slippery! I too began with a 25 count, added a 75, 100 and 200 before acquiring a coolidor and finally a cabinet.

The road to this hobby is paved with many a short-sighted investment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Just keep what you have and don't buy any more cigars!:eyebrow: In other words, do as I say, not as I do!!
Free advice from a guy with 3 coolers and 4 humidors. :glassesgr

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Here's the problem the way I see it...

It takes me about 30 minutes, round trip, to get to my local B&M, buy a box and take it home. And if it's something I can't get locally, it'd take me maybe 10 minutes to shop around online and set up a delivery. So let's assume that it takes me 20 minutes, on average, to make a cigar purchase.

Now that said, I can smoke through that box in roughly 20 hours, depending on the size of sticks and the size of the box.

So, since I typically shop while I smoke, I'm looking at something like 60 opportunities to make a purchase! How can one man be expected to stand against such a terrible onslaught of hot wonderful?! I say it cannot be done.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I would skip the cooler and go for the wine cooler route. I went from a small desktop, to a small cooler, right to a wine cooler. I find the large coolers are very unattractive and while they will do the job-I prefer to have an aesthetically pleasing setup. There is no way I'd want a giant cooler sitting in my dining room always looking like I'm about to go to the beach. My wine cooler fits perfectly next to my wine rack, and even non-cigar smokers appreciate how it looks.

Of course, I also believe in diversifying my storage. I have sticks in a locker as well, and at a friends house across the country. In case of a fire or tornado-no matter what, I won't lose everything.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I would skip the cooler and go for the wine cooler route. I went from a small desktop, to a small cooler, right to a wine cooler. I find the large coolers are very unattractive and while they will do the job-I prefer to have an aesthetically pleasing setup. There is no way I'd want a giant cooler sitting in my dining room always looking like I'm about to go to the beach. My wine cooler fits perfectly next to my wine rack, and even non-cigar smokers appreciate how it looks.

Of course, I also believe in diversifying my storage. I have sticks in a locker as well, and at a friends house across the country. In case of a fire or tornado-no matter what, I won't lose everything.
Yep. The Igloos are not pretty but they serve well. Winecoolers have very limited capacity IMHO. 180 quart coolers stack nicely and store a lot of boxes. I had 4 180 quart coolers before we converted the TV cabinet into the mega humi. I sometimes still miss the ability to move large numbers of cigars in the coolers. But not much.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Here's the problem the way I see it...

It takes me about 30 minutes, round trip, to get to my local B&M, buy a box and take it home. And if it's something I can't get locally, it'd take me maybe 10 minutes to shop around online and set up a delivery. So let's assume that it takes me 20 minutes, on average, to make a cigar purchase.

Now that said, I can smoke through that box in roughly 20 hours, depending on the size of sticks and the size of the box.

So, since I typically shop while I smoke, I'm looking at something like 60 opportunities to make a purchase! How can one man be expected to stand against such a terrible onslaught of hot wonderful?! I say it cannot be done.
The accuracy and logic of this post is astounding. Really. I'm in the same boat.... all that time and ease to buy, only so much to burn. I started with the desktop, then the wine fridge. At this point, I'm saying F it. Building a walk in, hopefully this winter. Making it dual purpose for long-term red wine storage... humicellar.