What's new

Wrapper preference

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So since I'm a noob :yes: I wanted to ask you guys about wrappers.
Does a wrapper being a maduro or not matter to you?
From what I have been told a maduro wrap is aged leaves and you get a sweeter taste with them.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
maduro leaves are sweeter because during the extended aging process more of the carbohydrates in the wrapper leaf gets broken down into simple sugars. I don't really have a favorite leaf, although I do enjoy maduros alot, but i hear cameroon wrappers are pretty popular right now among manufacturers.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i luv maduros!!! imho they have an almost choclate taste to em. next would be the corojo wrappers and then cameroon.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i love cameroon, especially the CAO and i think the Hemi has it too, some maduro are awesome, but i tend to like a little darker shade.
natural is fine on some, but yeah, I tend to miss the flavor as well.
I used to prefer the padron 64 naturals, but that maduro they have is just great, just what I like. the Ashoton aged maduro is also one I like a lot.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i love cameroon, especially the CAO and i think the Hemi has it too, some maduro are awesome, but i tend to like a little darker shade.
natural is fine on some, but yeah, I tend to miss the flavor as well.
I used to prefer the padron 64 naturals, but that maduro they have is just great, just what I like. the Ashoton aged maduro is also one I like a lot.
Love those friggin' Ashtons!!!!!!!!!

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I like maduro best, and the light blonde sweet wrappers second. Almost everything else third, and the dull tan fragile wrappers called "natural" least of all. Robusto, Rothschilde or small Corona's preferably.

Thanks.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
At least half the time I consider the Cameroon to be a sub-type of wrapper under the broader heading of Maduro; at least taste-wise.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Maduro. In fact I LOVE the Maduro. Mmmmmm, all dark and oily.

Feels good in the hand.MMMmmmmmm, rub it on the face. Mmmmmmmmmquicklookaroundnoonetoseemmmmmmmmlickitmmmmmm.

Uh, I gotta go.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Since we're not talking habanos, then I'll go on and say I prefer colorado shade wrappers :grin: