What's new

Writing Stick for Blank Cigar Bands

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Anyone know the best type of pen/pencil/marker to use when labeling blank cigar bands. I know one should stay away from sharpies cause they can give off fumes. And, I'd imagine pencils would be bad because the graphite/lead could stain your humidor or could leech into your cigars. If anyone has any experience or products that have worked for you I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Perhaps a grease pencil?

I mean, I think the Sharpie smell dissipates after awhile. A couple sticks I've been bombed with were marked with Sharpie and it had no impact on the sticks.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I use a micron pen now to just write directly on the band, usually on the back there there’s likely to be some flat space.

Honestly tho I’ve used sharpies on cello and blank bands. Just let it dry off. A tiny amount won’t kill you.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
When I was a kid my uncle had an "astronaut" pen. That shit could write in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, and on the corpse of a teenage girl. Man, I miss that pen.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wal-Mart in the stationary dept selling sickest by a company called Avery, many sizes and shapes. Couple of buck will get you a good supply. There you will also find "Shapie marker", from fine point to your heart desire.

Sharpie are good they do not run when exposed to humidity. Hope this was some help.