What's new

WTF am I doing wong?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Trying to print business cards for my father-in-law. Using MS Word. When I put a graphic in a text box, the graphic does not print. When I put the graphic by itself and put the text in a text box, the graphic prints but not the text. Obvioulsy has to do with a text box setting since whatever is in it is not printing.

Help me out here.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The only reason I am using a text box is to be able to resize the graphic or text in order for both to exist together.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Maybe try right clicking on the pic and select "format picture", then "layout", then make the wrap style "in front of text". Worked for me once.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Hope you can work the problem out!
I think you might be able to choose which things sit on top of other things. Do you have maybe a colored rectangle the size of the card that makes up the card's background? Your text box might be set to go under that or something, where as maybe the image defaults to laying over everything else.
If you can't get it to work, I got my business cards done at overnightprints.com.
100 cards total and I entered a $10 discount code, which negated the $9.95/100 business cards and even took a nickel off of shipping! Very glossy and professional looking.
I believe the code was 'FREEFALL'.
Just a thought, if you get fed up with doing it yourself. Very glossy and thick cards, and I chose 2-day shipping (they have a 24-hour turnaround, I submitted my business card image Monday morning and got the cards Thursday) for $17 or so.

TYLER