What's new

Wtf.....GoBison

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
@GoBison

Delightfully spicy yet somewhat refined. The open is a bit strong and spicy but gives way to a somewhat sweet and cooling woodsy finish. This has a more pronounced sweetness than the eagle but makes me think of that when I sip this. I think I’d buy a bottle of that before this. This seems a bit too ‘flavorful’ for me. I think I prefer a bit less of a sweetness. I feel like I could only have one of these before it left me feeling weighed down.

View attachment 136265
Bottled in Bond: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottled_in_bond
Key points: same distillery / same distiller, booze has to be at least 4 years old and bottled at 100 proof

Blue sticker - this is a brand new one to me and a fairly new distiller on the market.
20190422_201235.jpg

I do prefer Eagle Rare over this as well.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
This is quite up front with strength. I get the woody flavors on the back end yet they are devoid of the sweetness that usually accompanies and cuts the punch of it all. I thought I would be more into this as I seem to gravitate to the lighter colors but I have to say they this is just too strong for me. Even with letting some ice melt into it it just didn’t develop into something I’d reach for. It just got watery as opposed to balancing as the proof was lowered. Be interested to know what this one is as it will give some good comparison with the rest of what you have gifted.

50789A3C-96CD-475E-9435-B819FC3D9DD4.jpeg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
This is quite up front with strength. I get the woody flavors on the back end yet they are devoid of the sweetness that usually accompanies and cuts the punch of it all. I thought I would be more into this as I seem to gravitate to the lighter colors but I have to say they this is just too strong for me. Even with letting some ice melt into it it just didn’t develop into something I’d reach for. It just got watery as opposed to balancing as the proof was lowered. Be interested to know what this one is as it will give some good comparison with the rest of what you have gifted.

View attachment 136268
That's another one of my favorites!
20190306_145302.jpg

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
That's another one of my favorites!
View attachment 136278
Interesting. The wild turkey brand....I’ve heard....is a bit on the punchier side. This seems to fit into that. Not my cup but more power to the turkies out there. The 151 just scares me...

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Disclaimer: I’m not mainlining bourbon as that would be a waste, but catching up on this weeks trials.

This is good. I like the spice up front that is then cooled by the oak flavor and followed by a gentle sweetness to finish. Not too hot or too sweet. The profile is just what I’ve found I like in a bourbon. This is the good stuff!! Actually I hope I’m wrong and this is cheap shit that can be had for $15 a bottle but I highly doubt that. I’ve been taking notes as I drink the mystery samples and tend to read through and edit after I’m done and have had a chance to reflect on the experience as a whole. The only edit here would be to add a ‘Damn this is good’ to start and finish the write up. Wow!!

752C7EDD-AED2-41DD-BD34-C15C61C115C8.jpeg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Disclaimer: I’m not mainlining bourbon as that would be a waste, but catching up on this weeks trials.

This is good. I like the spice up front that is then cooled by the oak flavor and followed by a gentle sweetness to finish. Not too hot or too sweet. The profile is just what I’ve found I like in a bourbon. This is the good stuff!! Actually I hope I’m wrong and this is cheap shit that can be had for $15 a bottle but I highly doubt that. I’ve been taking notes as I drink the mystery samples and tend to read through and edit after I’m done and have had a chance to reflect on the experience as a whole. The only edit here would be to add a ‘Damn this is good’ to start and finish the write up. Wow!!

View attachment 136281
Sound like you like the higher rye content (y)
Locally that bottle was in the mid $20s - very good bottle at that pricepoint!
20190414_222610.jpg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Interesting. The wild turkey brand....I’ve heard....is a bit on the punchier side. This seems to fit into that. Not my cup but more power to the turkies out there. The 151 just scares me...
The WT101 is AMAZING for the price around the $20 mark. I love the 101. I've never heard of or seen a WT 151 - I'm not sure I would enjoy that!

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
@GoBison

Very up front with its flavor. Lots of punch, for an under 100, right there when you take a sip. Not much beyond the initial punch though. I’d say this lacks depth for me. Based on when you’ve sent I’d assume this is more of a younger/standard production bottle. It lacks some of the depth and character that comes from the careful handling and age of some of your samples I’ve tried. Not my favorite, but didn’t hate it either. I’d prefer a blended scotch to this.38C6D4B3-8C41-49F0-8D59-FD8C7219694C.jpeg

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Double post:

This seems overly refined but has a sort of appeal to it anyways. The flavor is very pronounced being heavily oak followed by sweet and somewhat funky notes.

I lied...this is intense and up front and very full flavored for being 100 proof or under. I’m not really a fan. This is too much oak flavor though it isn’t too sweet. It’s strange as I would think being less sweet I would like it more but I think it’s spent too long aging for my taste. I feel like this is a distillers small batch or single barrel kind of release, based on your other ‘lessons’, as it’s big big on flavor but not as balanced as I would want it to be.....

Again, not my cuppa463AD060-DD44-43C4-8762-40A48822E816.jpeg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
@GoBison

Very up front with its flavor. Lots of punch, for an under 100, right there when you take a sip. Not much beyond the initial punch though. I’d say this lacks depth for me. Based on when you’ve sent I’d assume this is more of a younger/standard production bottle. It lacks some of the depth and character that comes from the careful handling and age of some of your samples I’ve tried. Not my favorite, but didn’t hate it either. I’d prefer a blended scotch to this.View attachment 136477
This is one of those that will vary since it is Single Barrel - price on this one is $50+
20190303_203445.jpg

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Double post:

This seems overly refined but has a sort of appeal to it anyways. The flavor is very pronounced being heavily oak followed by sweet and somewhat funky notes.

I lied...this is intense and up front and very full flavored for being 100 proof or under. I’m not really a fan. This is too much oak flavor though it isn’t too sweet. It’s strange as I would think being less sweet I would like it more but I think it’s spent too long aging for my taste. I feel like this is a distillers small batch or single barrel kind of release, based on your other ‘lessons’, as it’s big big on flavor but not as balanced as I would want it to be.....

Again, not my cuppaView attachment 136478
Another very budget friendly bottle - $20 or so for a bottle here.
20190207_222216.jpg