What's new

WTF?!?!? My b&m just went non-smoking!!!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I have seen 2 sorbet/gelato shops crash and burn ini the last 6 months in the same center down the street from our house. Now there is a Yougurtland in that center. They are self serve and .30 an ounce. They are packed every night and all day on the weekend. And that shit is f'n awesome. Smoke shop right next door as well, but they never allowed smoking.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sorbet? For crying out loud. Someone actually opened a sorbet shop? Did they do any research at all. With any lluck and based on the economy, your problem will last about 3months.
Honestly, the shop gets very, very little foot traffic. It's usually dead-as-a-doornail in there.

BUT...

They have a contract to provide sorbet to all the D.I.S.D. schools next year, who are phasing-out dairy-based ice cream products because they're "too fattening" (or some other similar liberal bullshit reason).

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Damn, and I was upset that my shop had never heard of Tatuaje or DPG, but hell, even though there is a statewide ban, we can still smoke there. That is, IF they had anything good to smoke!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you! Reminds me of the folks who move to the country, buy a five acre micro ranch, build a million dollar house and then complain about the 10,000 head feed lot just up wind that has been there for the last 4 generations:eyequiver

At least Idaho passed a farmers protection law that more or less says if you're that dim we don't want to hear it...:hysterica:hysterica

Now if someone could do the same for the rest of us!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Sorbet? For crying out loud. Someone actually opened a sorbet shop? Did they do any research at all. With any lluck and based on the economy, your problem will last about 3months.

Hey! I eat sorbet...but only right after i tuck my raised pinky finger back in my hand becasue it was stuck up while i slurped my hot tea from my pretty little percelain cup.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duane...this ain't the first....Bob Smalley had TObacco Gallery downtown and the city made him go no smoking so he closed it. As for UIS I think his lease is up and last I heard he was not renewing it. May be a thing from the shopping center to make him renew or get him out. Also you should come to our herf Monday.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the shop gets very, very little foot traffic. It's usually dead-as-a-doornail in there.

BUT...

They have a contract to provide sorbet to all the D.I.S.D. schools next year, who are phasing-out dairy-based ice cream products because they're "too fattening" (or some other similar liberal bullshit reason).
Well let's hope they wise up or close-up shop!:robinhood That's just wrong... more and more places are turning the same way here in Tulsa... and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually try to ban outdoor smoking in public area's. I feel for ya right now especially, like you said it's no fun trying to smoke outdoors when it's up around 100 daily and in the evening.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey! I eat sorbet...but only right after i tuck my raised pinky finger back in my hand becasue it was stuck up while i slurped my hot tea from my pretty little percelain cup.
I have nothing against sorbet. I am a business man and an investor. Anyone see the recent data on Coldstone. Losing stores left and right. Opening a high end ice cream or other store when the economy has you deciding whether to buy gourmet or a store barand and half a gallon of gas is not the brightest decision.