What's new

WTF Really?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So this evening my wife went to Casa Fuente for me since she is in Vegas and I'm stuck at home. I talked to the sales guy and I was told that they don't have any Casa Fuente Lancero nor do they have any Opus X lancer. If Casa Fuente doesn't carry these cigar then how in the hell do people buy these damn cigars? I'm so pissed it was my one shot to have my wife buy a handful of hard to get Fuentes, and they don't even have them. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Been in the same boat. They are hit or miss from my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this evening my wife went to Casa Fuente for me since she is in Vegas and I'm stuck at home. I talked to the sales guy and I was told that they don't have any Casa Fuente Lancero nor do they have any Opus X lancer. If Casa Fuente doesn't carry these cigar then how in the hell do people buy these damn cigars? I'm so pissed it was my one shot to have my wife buy a handful of hard to get Fuentes, and they don't even have them. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!
I was just there two weeks ago, and they only had three CF Lanceros - I smoked one of them. They were well stocked on all the other Casa Fuentes, so it looks like the lances go pretty quickly.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Remember ipcpr was just here in town with tons of cigar smokers. I've been in there since and it's slimmer pickings. Just a bad time of year couple weeks after the second biggest cigar weekend in Las Vegas.

Also, I could be wrong but there is no opus lancero, at least not regular production. There have been some in sets or at charity events before. There is a petit lancero opus, would be surprised if they didn't have that as some locals still have them even, there is a forbidden lancero phantom only Casa gets from what I understand they usually have that. Idk sorry to hear about your bad luck tho Brotha.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Remember ipcpr was just here in town with tons of cigar smokers. I've been in there since and it's slimmer pickings. Just a bad time of year couple weeks after the second biggest cigar weekend in Las Vegas.

Also, I could be wrong but there is no opus lancero, at least not regular production. There have been some in sets or at charity events before. There is a petit lancero opus, would be surprised if they didn't have that as some locals still have them even, there is a forbidden lancero phantom only Casa gets from what I understand they usually have that. Idk sorry to hear about your bad luck tho Brotha.

The ForbiddenX cigars that Casa Fuente sells (black OpusX band) are the exact same blend as the regular OpusX in the same sizes, FWIW.

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think this is your problem. I was there two times during the week of the show and pretty much everyone in the place, including myself was smoking lanceros.

better luck next time

Dan

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
http://www.bestcigarprices.com/opus-x-cigars/

something like this!

I was so mislead about the level of coolness of Casa Fuente, I was expecting to be able for once to be able to buy all my favorite sticks. But to my disappointment it was just an over priced cigar shop!
How do you figure? Because they happened to sell out when thousands of cigar smokers were in town? I'd like to see any cigar shop maintain its Htf's after an event like that.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah bro, cause Fuente prob. had no idea this event was going on right? I would have figured with his name on the door He'd have planned for just that situation.
I can buy 98% of what casa Fuente sells at my local shop, So why then should I spend money at Casa Fuente if they don't carry on hand the cigars that people come to Casa Fuente for?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Show me a place that isn't considered overpriced in Vegas. It's the nature of the town, everything is high rent so everything is high priced. And if you put it in perspective, most people won't blink an eye dropping a couple hundred gambling or dining out, why would a cigar be any different? You don't go to Casa Fuente expecting a discount, you go expecting a good time.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Yeah bro, cause Fuente prob. had no idea this event was going on right? I would have figured with his name on the door He'd have planned for just that situation.
I can buy 98% of what casa Fuente sells at my local shop, So why then should I spend money at Casa Fuente if they don't carry on hand the cigars that people come to Casa Fuente for?
That lancero is sold with a 2 stick limit for a reason. If they were pumping out unlimited quantities of the cigar, it would totally negate that reason. Sorry you struck out, but its a perfect example of bad timing.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I wasn't interested in the price. I was willing to pay good money, I wanted the cigars that they told my wife and I they were out of and hadn't had for quite a while. Even before the ipcpr show.
I was after several specific cigars.

Anyways, I was just kind of disappointed, and I wasn't even in Vegas. Guess I have no reason to actually go there now.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
That lancero is sold with a 2 stick limit for a reason. If they were pumping out unlimited quantities of the cigar, it would totally negate that reason. Sorry you struck out, but its a perfect example of bad timing.

you can get a bundle if you know the right people

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, while I was there for the show, we had to stop by there daily so that the Opus whores I was with could get their daily allowance. Like crack fiends.