What's new

WTS Thread Question

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hi
I tried to find the right place to ask and general seemed best. I have a question when we sell items people post when the sale is done. But why delete what was sold and the price, it IMHO is a great place to know what something sold for. In the case I saw some Opus and Fuentes sale the stuff that was for sale and the asking price was both deleted.

Is this customary and is there a reason it would be great research material knowing what stuff has sold for and what the stuff was.

Thanks

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Threads get deleted after a period of time anyway. There are other places where one can find out market values and such that I don't find it necessary to clutter up the Marketplace with a bunch of old FS threads. Just my $0.02.

Dan

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sales are guarenteed to be up for 30 days unless you break a rule. Sales after 30 days are deleted periodically. Its not like some other forums where you could go back a year to research the price of something so I dont think it matters much if people want to delete their sale or price or whatever. I think people do it to stop confusion for the most part. I have sent pm's in a hurry to people in the past because I didnt read to the bottom of their post where it said sold.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Yep and it prevents people from seeing the sale after it is sold then hounding a person to sell them stuff cause they think you have it based on your sale.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
yep. most folks just delete their own stuff after it is sold. that way there is no confusion as to if it is still available. and in some cases, they may no longer want it known that they had certain cigars, if you catch my drift.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
All valid concerns but the wrong answer, IMO. You don't see historical stock market data deleted, do you?

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just wanted to know what I missed, Man your a tough crowd.

Proud to be a non paying Lurker only from this day forward! :)

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Just wanted to know what I missed, Man your a tough crowd.

Proud to be a non paying Lurker only from this day forward! :)
:lookaroun
Dave,
Alot of times u may have Htf like Franks, Opus, and a few other items in which many others do not have. To you they may just be collectibles that "at the time were easily attainable". To many others there cigars they may never find. Some one here may still have a couple left and for certain reasons say be selling a Monster 4 pack. Once again easily attainable to you but to others only a dream. I wouldn't want 15 pms after the sale asking any chance u have "just one more" for sale. Thats alot of pms to answer stating "sorry sold out"
Just my 2 cents and has nothing to do with donating to THE best bb forum imo.