What's new

X-take: A. Fuente Work of Art Maduro

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Smoke: Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro; Beverage: Coke and water; Location: Federal Cigar, Epping, NH
1.jpg
Pre-Cut: Wrapper has a very rough feel to it. Very firm, little to no veins. Smells of barnyard with light cocoa. Precut wrapper has little to no flavor, but very very faint cedar (probably from the humidor).
2.jpg
Cap-Cut: Cap cut very easily, almost torpedo built so it's easy to adjust exactly how much flow you want through it.

Cold Draw: Light resistance on the draw. Notes of hay and cocoa.
3.jpg
1st Third: Initially this cigar comes out with nice cream and leather and cocoa with sweet tobacco lingering behind. Retrohale further emphasizes the cream and cocoa. No bite on the retrohale. The more it burns into the smoke, the more the initial leather and cream get stronger.
4.jpg
2nd Third: As the cigar burns into the 2nd third, the leather becomes more and more prevalent. Cream notes are still strong on the retrohale. Construction on these little guys is great. Ash is still holding strong at half the length of the stick.
5.jpg
3rd Third: As it begins the last third the leather is completely dominant flavor. Still very very smooth. Ash held on until it was just a little nub burning my fingers then gave way horizontally. Flavor profile was still strong leather with a hint of cream on the end.
6.jpg
7.jpg
Nicotine Strength: Medium

Burn Time: 11:38AM EST to 12:36PM EST

Final Thoughts: I absolutely love these little smokes. They are the perfect little 1 hour maduro smoke. The construction is 100% top notch. While the flavor profile didn't alter itself much, it was pleasant throughout the entire smoke. If you enjoy a maduro for the flavors of a maduro these are the smokes for you. I would definitely make a box purchase and this could easily be a daily smoke for me.

Matt (Ecks)