What's new

Xi3 or XiO?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If I am paying the same price for either which should I choose? Anyone that purchased either wish they hadn't? I seldom smoke anything over 54 RG and I expect the cutter to stay in the safety of my smoke room.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Not sure if it helps, but I own an Xi3 I won off CBid years ago - significantly less risk of it breaking, cuts like a champ, and is solid in terms of weight and build quality. Still exceptionally sharp. I travel with either a Xi1 or an older Palio - both also reliable and sharp.

I assume you’re referring to the Xo, as I’m not familiar with a XiO, but if it’s the circular one with gears, it looks nice, but I can’t recall many times where the equal pressure for even cuts on each side of the cap has ever been an issue.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the reply, yep guess I meant the XO. A bit more research on my part and it looks like the difference between XI1, XI2 and XI3 is just the body finish. XI3 uses exotic materials allowing Xikar to ask more money for them. The blades and mechanisms appear to be the same throughout the XI series. I'll probably just pick up one of the cheaper XI1s to tryout before spending a lot of money.

Thanks again

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I’ve used the Xi1 for years with no issues, cuts great. I don’t hack off 1/4” of the head (and from what I see a lot of guys post in the daily smoke thread, some guys cut way past the shoulder), just shave off the cap, and it performs flawlessly, even on large ring gauges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk