What's new

Xikar Ash Can

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
They bought the patent from Hendy's buddy. The Xikar guy told us a couple weeks ago

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I am sold on this idea. I got to play with this can yesterday for a while. I generally love Xikar products but this one...this one just seems iffy to me. The holder inside is just a spiral would wire that gradually tapers. I don't smoke in my car any hoe but if I did i don't know if this would be for me.

My $.02

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I'm stoked for Hendy's buddy, but I tried to use that can a few times, and it really did not work for me all that well. I'm not a huge fan of Xikar so I hope this is not a waste of money for them.

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I like the Bobken a bit more because it has a long cradle for the cigar. While the new Xikar one works, I had to rest the stick vertically rather then horizontally

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm REALLY surprised these were even patented ... they have them all over in Japan. Tons of different kinds, some have solar panels on top that charge a built-in car-style lighter. They are all sized to fit in your car's cup holder.

They also have smaller, pocket-sized versions in Japan. Anyone who's played Metal Gear Solid 4 has seen those :)

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I'm REALLY surprised these were even patented ... they have them all over in Japan. Tons of different kinds, some have solar panels on top that charge a built-in car-style lighter. They are all sized to fit in your car's cup holder.

They also have smaller, pocket-sized versions in Japan. Anyone who's played Metal Gear Solid 4 has seen those :)
Interesting.... and congrats to Scott's friend!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Yep, I helped him prototype it and brainstorm some ideas and he did a great job.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I wish I could slap a sticker on a can and make money off it.
It's a little more than that, there is a ring to hold the cigar in place as well as "grate" for the ash to go through. Not just a coke can with no top
Yep, I helped him prototype it and brainstorm some ideas and he did a great job.
Oh... now you take credit for it :waving:

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I saw also had a narrowing spiral design wire opposite the loop. It seemed as if you put the cigar in there once it becomes shorter.