What's new

Xikar cutter differences?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Xi cutters use the same cutting blades only the body and handles use different materials i have and Xi 2 and 3, V cutter and 9mm punch along with some Xikar lighters they are all fantastic products and the best thing about them is they all have a lifetime replacement warranty. The tear drop shape allows more cutting power using the palm of your hand instead of the finger tips.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda thought you really wanted to know if it's worth it to buy a quality cutter rather than the cheap plastic one and that answer is definitely yes. Other than that I have big hands and I fumble with the xikar cutters. I do prefer the sureness of a thumb and fore finger type guillotine cutter as well as the heft and blade of a quality cutter.
Ditto. I'm not a big guy, but I have quite large hands - especially for my size. The Xikar just feels awkward in my hand. I freaking love my Palio, and my Liga cutter is second-line defense.

Though I really want a Xikar v-cutter.
Just got the Xikar V-cutter. Haven't had a chance to use it with our new baby, but I feel a celebratory cigar coming really soon :)
Please let us, or me, know how it is. I want a good v-cutter, and these appear to be the only ones worthwhile at this point.
A good alternative to the Xikar V cutter is the Wolf V cutter the blades are both made by Wolf and have same inverted v cut. The Wolf has a molded plastic body and runs about fifteen dollars.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
For all you guys out there who are asking yourselves is it worth it to buy the more expensive cutters, like a Xikar or a Palio cutter the answer is yes.

I personally don't care for the feel of the plastic Xi2 series, It just doesn't feel solid to me. But I swear by my Xi1 cutter. It has cut straight and solid for almost a decade now. It is the only cutter I own. I have also found I don't care much for v cutters or punches. Just a plain old straight cut cigar for me.

I swear by Xikar, Like the other guys have said the lifetime warrenty is nice, but their product is a superior product that I haven't needed to use it as of yet.

I don't agree as much on lighters, I've had expensive lighters and cheap lighters and I haven't found one yet that impresses me.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Im with you on the lighters...

Ive had a couple of $75+ colibri's that crapped the bed on me within the first 12 months of owning them... even though I took exceptionally good care of them (will never buy another one)..

Ive got a $4 ronson that Ive beaten the dog doo out of.. and no matter what I do.. it keeps on ticking..

The best lighter I think I've ever owned is some cheap triple torch no-name lighter that I got in an Alec Bradley sampler pack once.. Ive literally abused that lighter.. and used it to light everything from cigars to camp fires and everything in between.. its the only torch that I own that reliably fires up at elevation (used it at 11,000 feet in colorado.. in the freezing cold to light a fire).... and I got it for free...

that said.. my favorite lighter currently (not sure why) is the bugatti series 1 that I picked up a couple of months ago...

we'll see if it stands the test of time.. I might be cussing it next week... who knows...