What's new

XIKAR cutter warranty - outstanding!

lambing

San Jose, CA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
XIKAR will sharpen their cutters free for life.
Sent mine in about 2 weeks ago - and today in the mail I received a BRAND NEW, in the box replacement cutter.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
They just send you a new cutter. Same model/color as long as they still make it. This is one of the reasons I bought one.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks for the posts here! I've had an XIKAR for a couple of years now. Just sent it in to them yesterday to be "re-sharpened". Looking forward to getting it back now. 'Course, I'm really liking my Palio! Hope I'm not rubbing salt, Tom. Ever get yours?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
djs134 said:
Thanks for the posts here! I've had an XIKAR for a couple of years now. Just sent it in to them yesterday to be "re-sharpened". Looking forward to getting it back now. 'Course, I'm really liking my Palio! Hope I'm not rubbing salt, Tom. Ever get yours?
Yes, I got it two days ago. Zip code was missing a digit.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I even have one that I dropped on the patio and it came apart...spring popped out and blades flopped out...I sent it back for repair and it looks like they just replaced it with another one...great service...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my mind XiKar goes well beyond their warranty and sharpening the cutter. My Xi3 was about 3 weeks old when I dropped from a porch onto a cement patio 8 feet below. The cutter body got a ding and the blades were messed up and no longer aligned properly.

I sent the cutter to Xikar on 9-7-06 and they sent me a new one which I received on 9-18-06. To me that's fantastic customer service.

And I now have an idiot string attached to my cutter and my right wrist in an attempt to avoid any possible future mishaps.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Always nice to hear about good customer service.

How often are you cutting cigars that you need it on your wrist???:hysterica