What's new

Xikar Multi Tool Cutter

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have one, works out great. :thumbsup: I no longer have to worry about ring gauge limitations. Is compact, will not auto open in pocket like some other units have. Plus you have various tools to help a tight drawing stick, etc. They also attach to a key chain.

There is one trick to using it though. When making the cut, be decisive. A quick cut is best. Get it it set, lined up and cut edges on the stick where you want to cut. Then a FAST snip and ta da!!. If you go slow, you butcher a perfectly good gar.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have one also and like it a lot. I've used the bottle opener and a couple of the other gadgets on it aswell.

Prometheus pretty much summed it up well. Good advice on the cut, quick and decisive.

Prometheus said:
I have one, works out great. :thumbsup: I no longer have to worry about ring gauge limitations. Is compact, will not auto open in pocket like some other units have. Plus you have various tools to help a tight drawing stick, etc. They also attach to a key chain.

There is one trick to using it though. When making the cut, be decisive. A quick cut is best. Get it it set, lined up and cut edges on the stick where you want to cut. Then a FAST snip and ta da!!. If you go slow, you butcher a perfectly good gar.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks guys. I thought they looked pretty cool. I played with one at Casa Fuente last week and was curious about the weight vs strength issue. They seem pretty light, but wasn't sure they would survive a few cuts on a LGC Serie R which tend to be pretty stout. I think I'll pick up a couple.

Hey Mark, when you get them in, let us know. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at this cutter for a while now and you guys have just convinced me to purchase one.

Thanks!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Kingston said:
I love mine. Slim (fits in my wallet), sharp, and very cool.
I've picked up a few more to give as gifts.
Is this the little dude that folds up and can go on a key ring? I have seen people with them but never identified the mfg.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
CWS said:
Is this the little dude that folds up and can go on a key ring? I have seen people with them but never identified the mfg.
Thats the one. Its also very sturdy and well made for a small tool.

Rutkus

Newb Puke
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i have one and like it. when i want to carry a very small cutter, this is the one. about the size of a quarter and a little bit thicker.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have wanted one for a while now., but every time i go into the shop I cannot take away from my cigar purchases to buy one. Maybe one day soon I will.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
derek said:
I have wanted one for a while now., but every time i go into the shop I cannot take away from my cigar purchases to buy one. Maybe one day soon I will.
I hear ya there Derek! That's why I haven't bought an expensive cutter yet. Everytime I see an expensive accessory I think of what kind of cigars I could be getting.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
A good, quality cutter just makes the experience that much better, IMO. Not much dough to have a clean cut every time.