What's new

Xikar Multi Tool Cutter

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Prometheus said:
I have one, works out great. :thumbsup: I no longer have to worry about ring gauge limitations. Is compact, will not auto open in pocket like some other units have. Plus you have various tools to help a tight drawing stick, etc. They also attach to a key chain.

There is one trick to using it though. When making the cut, be decisive. A quick cut is best. Get it it set, lined up and cut edges on the stick where you want to cut. Then a FAST snip and ta da!!. If you go slow, you butcher a perfectly good gar.
Prometheus do say true. Very sharp, convenient to carry (fits great in an otterbox beside the smokes) and requires a fast, decisive cut. Some botl's I know only use for beli's, poyramide's and torps, because of the potential for a unclean cut, but I found with a little practice, this is no problem for me. This or the reliable havana cutter I find easiest to carry in the cigar case.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's a good call on it fitting in the caddy. Sometimes its a pain to have the cutter in the pocket...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poni said:
You won't even know this cutter is in your pocket.
ditto. i have two of these and they work great for traveling. i used to carry around a XI3 (or maybe it was the 2) and it ended up being way to heavy for my pockets.

bruce

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
broozer said:
ditto. i have two of these and they work great for traveling. i used to carry around a XI3 (or maybe it was the 2) and it ended up being way to heavy for my pockets.

bruce
Hey Bruce! Welcome to BOTL! :thumbsup:

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Welcome to BOTL as well

I cant seem to find my Xikar XI anywhere and while I'm really going to miss it. I may give one of these a try. Noticed that the XI are going for about twice as much as I bought it for about 4 years ago. This looks like a good alternative and I love Xikar's quality.

PS. If anyone has a Xikar they are looking to trade or sell. Send me a PM.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Hot_Sauce said:
Welcome to BOTL as well

I cant seem to find my Xikar XI anywhere and while I'm really going to miss it. I may give one of these a try. Noticed that the XI are going for about twice as much as I bought it for about 4 years ago. This looks like a good alternative and I love Xikar's quality.

PS. If anyone has a Xikar they are looking to trade or sell. Send me a PM.
Get a palio! :applause::stretchgr

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Damn. I was in las Vegas last week and my son lost our cutter. Rather than buy a cheap throw away I bought one of these Xikar folding cutters at Davidoff. Really great product, really big price.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks you all, it has been tougher than you know. Xikar's current policy is to support only B&Ms. It has taken me about 4 months of asking for them agree. This week they said that there were impressed by the progress and dedication of Cigarmony.com to quality product and made an exception.

Now I have the "best of the best" for most products which was my intended goal starting out 6 months ago!

~Mark

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Mark, I agree with them 100%. Everything you carry has been tested by true Aficionados and are great products! :thumbsup: