What's new

Xikar travel case field test

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Went on a beach/fishing vacation this past week, and naturally I needed to bring some sticks along. I had purchased a Xikar 15 stick travel case months ago with the intention of it being my main "humidor" (oh my blessed ignorance :ROFLMAO: ). Well, I finally got to use it for what it was intended for and it passed the test with flying colors. Put a few Hemingways and a Cohiba in there along with a lighter. I brought that sucker to the beach, dropped it in the sand, spilled water/beer on it, threw it in the truck bed underneath a mountain of wet/sandy/fishy gear...and it performed like an absolute boss. Granted, these weren't intentional stress tests...I'm just an absolute caveman with my gear apparently. Anyhow...i definitely recommend this case for those occasions when brute strength and durability are needed. On a side note...a Hemingway enjoyed while standing in knee-deep surf is truly a sublime experience.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Glad you guys in Texas have the opportunity to smoke a cigar while fishing. In Louisiana we're generally to busy reeling in fish to smoke a cigar!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cigars were generally saved for the non-fishing times. A couple weeks back I made the mistake of smoking a stick while fishing the bay...i inadvertently grabbed it right after cutting up a croaker for bait...my goodness the taste of fish guts/slime on a cigar is something I won't soon forget. :oops:

I did get my very first Texas Slam in 30+ years of saltwater fishing though! Caught the red/trout at around 3am Wednesday morning and the flounder at 11pm Wednesday night, so it counts!