What's new

Xikar Warranty/ bitch /rant

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ugh why did Xikar change their warranty? Can no longer just go to a retailer and turn in your items for an exchange/return. Now have to go to their website register online *even though I already have an account* then have to find my particular item I want to send back *Stratosphere*, THEN I have to wait for a special # and instructions for mailing it back.....ugh.

Why can't I just send it back along with a nice love letter of what is wrong with the item? Quite an inconvenience.

Ok bitch/rant over......move along

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes, there is some inconvenience, but are you still getting it replaced for free? If so, ummm... just sayin'!

Yes, I had to go through the same thing, thought the same thoughts, then realized it is still a free replacement.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

I get it.....like I said just an inconvenience.....I'm spoiled I guess......I still don't see why I can't just send it back with a note explaining the problem, and hey it says Xikar on it, I have the lifetime guarantee, so fix it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some B&M's will do you a favor and swap them out which is one reason to have a couple of relationships with these businesses to get you ahead in the que ....but I feel your pain. Nothing spells frustration like getting to the end of a toilet paper roll in one of those metal canisters at the airport and left with 2 squares....lost a few socks in that situation.......#whatwouldmcgyverdo

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Not everyone will go through the process. Company holds on to some revenue. There's labor and shipping behind this as well.
The Craftsman promise backed up by Sears went the way of the Dodo quite some time ago.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to send back a lighter recently through their new warranty program. Had to pay for shipping and still waiting for my replacement lighter. It's been weeks.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had to send back a lighter recently through their new warranty program. Had to pay for shipping and still waiting for my replacement lighter. It's been weeks.
Yes sir....the hubub around the Forums is the same......same story...same discontent...etc. I have 6 Xikar lighters and won't buy another because I wrote to them expressing my thoughts....no reply and it's been over a month so obviously they don't give a shit and now...nether do I. Some sent their lighters in for an exchange because of defects...one guy had the Exodus model that cost him almost $50....they fixed/replaced it but charged him $36 for shipping.....WTF?????

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I only have one instance of return/exchange. Spark quit on my Element. Sent it in and got another back in a couple weeks. This was about 4 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This was taken care of.........just an extra step and wanted to rant, I sent in a green one and received a black in return :unsure: and it doesn't work as well....so I started using my Xikar Tech single jet religiously lately.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Craftsman promise backed up by Sears went the way of the Dodo quite some time ago.
That is because they closed their manufacturing facility in MASS, laid off all the employees and are now having them made in China. They are complete crap tools now. If you have old ones don't trade them in, you'll get the new junk in replacement.

Home despot was taking them and trading you their brand. Which at the time were still decent tools. I don't know now though.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That is because they closed their manufacturing facility in MASS, laid off all the employees and are now having them made in China. They are complete crap tools now. If you have old ones don't trade them in, you'll get the new junk in replacement.

Home despot was taking them and trading you their,brand. Which at the time were still decent tools. I don't know now though.
Yeah. It is sad to hear.
Kobalt line ( at Lowe's ) has treated me good. I have some of their impact and hand tools. No complaints and priced right. And I put my tools to the test. Heavy car repair.
However, I just checked and it looks like now they are moving to manufacture overseas as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just went through rough ordeal of acquiring an RMA number to return my lighter.
Description: Tech Double Lighter
Product Code (Item #): XI-526BK
Reason For Returning: No Fuel Adjustment
Quantity: 1
Description: Fuel adjustment knob broken. Now I wait 4-6 weeks.