What's new

Xikar Xi2 vs. Palio cutter

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's the big question: With the nice cutters, can I still do my "perfect cut cheat"? Where you stand it on a flat surface & cut the end off?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
As far as a straight cut I love the Palio's. But I find I use my Xikar V cut more often.
Just got the Xikar V cutter for my early birthday gift and couldn't be happier. I'm a huge fan of the V or even a X cut and the Xikar cuts them great. I've used the Xi3 for a long time but find myself reaching for the V if the stick will permit it now.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I attempted to cut a Oliva Master Blends 3, and upon cut, the blades cut through the cigar, then into themselves ....
This has happened to me twice. One time I sold a Palio, and when the guy got it, I think it happened on his first cut. I had another one as well, sent it in for warranty work because it was dull, got it back and the same thing happened on the first cut.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My Palio has never failed my. My redwood Xikar has been replace three times. More time in the shop than in the man cave.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's the big question: With the nice cutters, can I still do my "perfect cut cheat"? Where you stand it on a flat surface & cut the end off?
My suggestion is smoke more cigars. Where cutting them becomes second nature like tying your shoes....

Jk man
I don't know... Smoking cigars is tedious work! Haha.

I've just used the same method all the time, seems to work. Wasn't sure if nicer cutters, with more heft to them, possibly sat too high off a table to only cut the end.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
This is like an oil thread on a motorcycle forum...LOL

I own two Xikars (Xi1 and Xi2). I have had both for some time. I think I got the Xi1 close to the time they were released maybe around 2002 but I really don't remember now. Anyway... Both have lasted, never an issue and work flawlessly to this day.

I don't know much about many other cutter brands because I went from throw away cheapos to the Xikar and just never felt the need for anything else. I may search out one of these Palio cutters now and check it out.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I just got my first Xikar cutter because I forgot my cutter at home when I went to the local B&M. Yes, I could have used one they have there but... have you seen how many guys deep throat their cigars and then pull it out and use the cutter sitting on the table that everybody else uses... no thank you, I'll use my own. Btw, new cutter works great.