What's new

Yankees Fans?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I know were already one game into the series but wondering if theres 1 or 2 people that wanna go a 5er on the series outcome? No need to figure out how many games its gonna go just straight up. I'm going Phillies as a Boston fan no matter what yesterdays outcome was. I can go w/the first 2 PM's as I don't have a big stash yet.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
You should sign up for the newbie trade: [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=4734"]BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame] and get some TR!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know were already one game into the series but wondering if theres 1 or 2 people that wanna go a 5er on the series outcome? No need to figure out how many games its gonna go just straight up. I'm going Phillies as a Boston fan no matter what yesterdays outcome was. I can go w/the first 2 PM's as I don't have a big stash yet.
Right on.

Here's to the Yankees buying another championship and still coming up short!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
There's still a lot of baseball left to play. Phillies are an excellent team and their lineup can stand toe to toe with anyone. We'll see how the pitching holds up.

As far as buying their roster, yes they sign big ticket free agents. They are playing within the rules of baseball. I wish I knew how many owners took their luxury tax (aka Yankees tax) and actually spent it on players or did they pocket it. I bet they pocketed it.

I see those Southern California teams are watching the World Series with the rest of us.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
There's still a lot of baseball left to play. Phillies are an excellent team and their lineup can stand toe to toe with anyone. We'll see how the pitching holds up.

As far as buying their roster, yes they sign big ticket free agents. They are playing within the rules of baseball. I wish I knew how many owners took their luxury tax (aka Yankees tax) and actually spent it on players or did they pocket it. I bet they pocketed it.

I see those Southern California teams are watching the World Series with the rest of us.

Well said, cant blame Steinbrenner for wanting a winning team. GO YANKS!!!! All thy need is 2 more wins for #27!!! Hope CC can do good on 3 days rest again, that Philly team is scary though...

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
would the Yankee haters prefer that the owners of the Yanks pocket the $ that the team makes?

The Yanks are most popular sports team in history. They are a baseballs "Hall of Fame".
I think that they have the richest TV contract of any baseball team. Are the owners supposed keep the $ for themselves, and not put a good team on the field?

The Yanks ownership is doing exactly what any big market, high profit team should do. Thats spend $ on the best players out there. That does not guarantee a Championship, but it will usually make for a competitive team, and thats good for all of baseball.

Look at the NHL as another example. When the NY Rangers are good, it creates a buzz through the entire NHL. The NHL does best when a major market team wins the Cup.