What's new

Yashica

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Depends....... What are you looking to shoot. The ISO on film will be determined by what kinds of pictures you want. That said 200 is good all around speed

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Depends....... What are you looking to shoot. The ISO on film will be determined by what kinds of pictures you want. That said 200 is good all around speed

Just something to get the hang of things. I prefer to take pictures of nature scenes. I am curious about black and white but should just get to know the camera first I think.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Okay I will let the others chime in to but I would think either 100 or 200 would be a great start personally I take all my nature photos with 80 but that's a much slower film yeah 100 200 you be a good start

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I primarily use Kodak or Fuji with an ISO of 400, in color or b&w.
There's a great online store for film, if you can't find it locally.
adorama.com
Also, there's a guy that has a very helpful, and informative, site that may be of assistance to you.
kenrockwell.com
When I was shopping for a lens a couple months ago, his site was the most thorough and helpful I found.
Let me know if you have any other questions, and happy shooting!

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I primarily use Kodak or Fuji with an ISO of 400, in color or b&w.
There's a great online store for film, if you can't find it locally.
adorama.com
Also, there's a guy that has a very helpful, and informative, site that may be of assistance to you.
kenrockwell.com
When I was shopping for a lens a couple months ago, his site was the most thorough and helpful I found.
Let me know if you have any other questions, and happy shooting!
Good advice here.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'd recommend 400ISO for film speed. I've shot with Ilford, Kodak, Fuji. Never had an issue with any of them. I wonder if the expired film would still be good hmmmm. Might have to bust out my old 35mm SLR and see what happens....

Also, I see Adorama was tossed in the mix for websites. I've ordered from them before. Also check out B&H Photo/Video as well. Their website is www.BHPhotovideo.com. Both are located in NYC and come highly recommended from me since I've made purchases from both companies on many occasions. Photography is yet another real slippery slope, plus they had a lot of supplies I needed to get through high school and college photography classes.

Just keep an eye out on B&H though, they're a company that also takes their religion very seriously (not that it's a bad thing) and they close down operations for short periods of time for their respected holidays.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My advice, get a few rolls of film (others suggested the 400) and get your ass outside, take some photos and have fun with it. Report back your results please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk