What's new

YesterDay's Special 2/6/09 ***Mexican Week - Lengua (Beef Tongue)***

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pardon the delay, but yesterday was a rough one.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 beef tongue
  • 5 fresh green chile peppers
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 white onion, sliced thinly
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 small tomatoes, halved and sliced
  • A few green olives
  • salt to taste
DIRECTIONS

1. Wash tongue and place in a large pot of water to cover. Simmer until no longer pink, about 50 minutes per pound of tongue. Remove from water and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel skin from tongue and trim gristle. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
  2. Place whole peppers in a skillet over medium-high heat and roast, turning, until all sides are charred. Let cool, rub off skins. Remove stems and seeds.
  3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chile peppers, onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in tongue and continue to cook until tongue is brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until limp, 5 minutes. Pour in olives and heat through, 2 to 5 minutes. Season with salt. Serve immediately with corn tortillas.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Ha! I cooked a beef tongue once.

There was this scrawny very underfed dog at the house behind the house i was working on...it was in the ghetto.

ANyhow, i had a spare tongue from a side of beef i had bought. decided to cook it up with some carrots and potatoes and stuff and make a gravy and give it to the dog.

It smelled realy good so i figured i had to try it, i mean come on, i'd never had a beef tongue before.

So i cuts me a lil piece off and pop it in my mouth and commenced to chewin, and chewin' and chewin'. i didnt' know you were supposed to take the "skin" off. damn was that one chewy piece a meat.

The dog loved it though. i fed him for 4 days with that big pot of tongue stew. poor thing.

anyhow, i may give this recipe a go as I find myself with a tongue in the freezer and no other recipes.

Thanks Moro!!! We'll see if i can trick the wife into eating it!