What's new

Yet Another New Car Contest - We have a winner!!!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Well, the time finally came last week to replace our main family vehicle. Mrs. Rupe and I bought our Buick Rendezvous in June of 2003 and it has served us very well over the past 10 years. Normally we replace our vehicles every 5 years but with the economy being the way that it was during that time and our old Buick running so well we decided to just keep it longer than we normally would.

Over the past month or so we began looking for a replacement and with some extra time off over the 4th of July holiday we started test driving vehicles last week. On Friday (7/5) we found the vehicle we liked and on Saturday (7/6) we signed the papers. As many of you who have tried to trade in a vehicle know, it seems that car dealers just do not want to give you anything for your trade these days. Many people will just accept the pittance that they give you but being the cheap bastard that I am and knowing that our Buick was worth WAY more than the $2200 they offered me I decided to buy the new one outright and sell our old Buick on Craigslist.

So, Long story short, here is the contest.....

I listed our 2003 Buick Rendezvous on Craigslist at 10 PM Saturday, July 6th for $4950. http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/cto/3918781647.html

How long did it take me to sell our old Buick? The winner gets a nice 5er

Please submit your guess in days and hours (example: 4 days 3 hours). I will round the answer to the nearest hour.

Bonus Question #1: What was the final sale price of the old Buick?

A couple of months ago I purchased a 2012 Mazda6 for my work vehicle. Mrs. Rupe and I are both very impressed with it and we ultimately decided that we would purchase another Mazda as our family vehicle.

Bonus Question #2: What year and model of Mazda did we choose?

Hint: The new Mazda is "new" (not pre-owned)

Rules / notes
- You may guess once every 12 hours. Any guesses that are more frequent than that will be disqualified.
- There are no trader rating or minimum number of post requirements necessary to participate - Welcome newbies!
- I am considering the Buick as "sold" when I received a $100 deposit from the buyer
- The Buick was paid for in full at 4:30 on Thursday (7/11) and is no longer in my possession.
- You must get the main question correct in order to score on the bonus questions.

Have fun and happy guessing!!!!

Rupe

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks for the contest Rupe!

1 day 10 hours

$4500

2013 CX-9

I like the vanity plate!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the contest, Rupe.

I'm going to guess it was a quick turnaround - 20 hours to sell the car.

You sold it for an even $4000.

I'd like to guess the CX-9, as well, but since Rick did, I'll change it up and guess the CX-7.

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Judging by some of the answers I think that maybe I should give you a point of clarification to help you out a bit. I posted the Buick on Craigslist at 10 PM and I am considering that it as "sold" when I received the $100 deposit.

Not that it's impossible, but more than likely I did not have someone come over to my house, test drive it and give me $100 at midnight or 5 am. :D

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
1 day 10 hours and 34 minutes ;)

*edit that would be July 8, at 8:34 am.

iPhone5 from tapatalk sent was this.
45 minutes. Listed price. Mazda 3
Thanks for playing guys! You don't need to be that specific though. The correct answer will be rounded to the nearest hour. No need to include the minutes. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using that Tapatalk thingy

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Congrats on the new ride, Rupe!

I'll venture a guess and say it took 13 hours before you had the 100 deposit, you settled for 4600, and you picked up a new CX-9.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
2 days 7 hours, $4300, and a 2013 CX-5

Love the plates and mazdas for that matter, thanks