What's new

Yet another new guy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... introduction eh...

I was born and raised in Tampa, FL. Having a great grandmother who was a fresh off the boat Cuban immigrant and living that close to Ybor (A city built on cigars) means I practically came out of the womb with a stogie in tow.

I've been smoking cigars regularly since I was about 17 or so... so about 10 years now... but have only really taken it seriously in the past couple. Also recently became a pipe smoker because I've long been a fan of aromatics.

As for the non-cigar portion of my life, I am currently going back to college to become a teacher and am an avid living historian as well as a roleplaying geek.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
well that's a descriptive intro!!!! Welcome!!!! Please if you would, define what an, avid living historian, is? Again, welcome and would do you like to smoke?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohpus said:
well that's a descriptive intro!!!! Welcome!!!! Please if you would, define what an, avid living historian, is? Again, welcome and would do you like to smoke?
Living history is experiencing facets of history as first hand as possible... if you've ever known any die-hard Civil War reenactors, or perhaps buckskinners, then you know living historians. I tend, though, to focus on medieval and rennasaince history... seperating popular myth from reality by experiencing it rather than just reading about it.

As for what I like to smoke... I'm big right now on just trying new things, so I tend to sample around alot.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Welcome from one Tampa-ite to another! Love to see Tampa bro's on the board. WE need to get a herf together soon...Hmmmmm...

Anyway, welcome aboard. Don't meet too many born and bread Floridians!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome! Wish you joined us a bit earlier, I spent last week in Lakeland on business. We could have hooked up for a smoke. Not alot to do in Lakeland at night! :frownno:

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ClockworkDragonfly said:
Living history is experiencing facets of history as first hand as possible... if you've ever known any die-hard Civil War reenactors, or perhaps buckskinners, then you know living historians. I tend, though, to focus on medieval and rennasaince history... seperating popular myth from reality by experiencing it rather than just reading about it.

Greetings and Salutations. I know someone like that. He reenacts the 60's every day when he dresses. Welcome. I'm new as well and learning a lot here...so if you ever find anything that you like let me know. My cigar is a Partagas Black Label. mmmmmm.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ClockworkDragonfly said:

As for what I like to smoke... I'm big right now on just trying new things, so I tend to sample around alot.
Ahh my favorite part of history! I used to be big into MMORPG's (Ultima Online)... how I wish I had the time...

Anyway, welcome!