What's new

YEYAH! Start My New Job Tomorrow

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
MithShrike said:
OK y'all people are freaking out. My friend, the 5tgh generation cigar roller, who has been rolling since the age of 3 and blending since the age of 17 has instructed me in how to properly preserve a cigar after it has been smoked partially.

The rum or whiskey isn't so that I can taste the tobacco. Far from it. Simply so I can get REAL fucked up.
This really is not possible without getting a bad carbon taste the next time you relight. I just hate that taste so if I don't finish the cigar, it goes in the trash. If you insist on keeping it, put it in a ziploc bag and not the humidor.

Ever notice how a room will stink if it has dead cigar butts in an ashtray? That is the smell you are putting into your humidor. IMHO not something I want my other non-smoked cigars smelling/tasting like.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Dude we're just trying to keep you from possibly ruining the rest of your cigars. Hell when I put a cigar out, I never want to relight it. The smell alone is nasty as hell. I get sick just thinking about it :barf:

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
caudio51 said:
This really is not possible without getting a bad carbon taste the next time you relight. I just hate that taste so if I don't finish the cigar, it goes in the trash. If you insist on keeping it, put it in a ziploc bag and not the humidor.

Ever notice how a room will stink if it has dead cigar butts in an ashtray? That is the smell you are putting into your humidor. IMHO not something I want my other non-smoked cigars smelling/tasting like.
I kept it in the plastic bag but put in the humidor. The rest of the family hates to see anything cigar related just hanging around but they don't mind a nice wooden box. I have yet to encounter this carbon taste you speak of. The cigars I smoke are fresh and have no chemicals. After the cigar goes out I cut it and then blow it out. Tastes just as good as before.

Anyway, the first day wasn't bad. It's closer to Habanos Torres so I went down there and hung out. I got to taste out a new blend my friend was testing. Unfortunately I busted a lighter so I had to pay for it... Ah well.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
As long as the cigar 'roach' is sealed in a baggie and you can't smell it, more power to ya man.

I think one of the main concerns of the bros. on this thread is the potential of receiving stanky smokes in trade from you. :scratchhe

I typically don't have a problem with relighting within a few minutes or up to an hour but wouldn't you rather just light and smoke a fresh cigar?

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I typically don't have a problem with relighting within a few minutes or up to an hour but wouldn't you rather just light and smoke a fresh cigar?
Well he didn't mention the plastic baggie until now. And the above quote goes for me as well :thumbsup:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
tobby4 said:
.... I am a little late... but oh well
Now there's something I'd hate to here from my g/f!!!

We all know you're a little slow Clay....Get better bro :thumbsup: