What's new

You Dirty Rat

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
So I had this yesterday morning with a cup of coffee.
:stretchgr
What a mistake (for me)
I was warned it was strong, but I wasnt expecting this little corona to bust me!
:help:
So I picked up a nice dunks coffee and lit this up while walking around yesterday AM. I dropped my car for service so I had an hour or so to kill.

I wasnt really paying attention or taking notes for a review or anything, but here goes.

Cigar was gifted to me through the BBIV (VI? Im having troubles with roman numerals latelsy)..... from TheDudeAbides....

This cigar looks great really oily, perfectly rolled, no seams, and a nice little pointly rat tail on the end. There is one fairly prominant vein that is lighter brown compared to the nice dark brown/black of the rest of the cigar. I note it.

Cap clips nicely, no loose tobacco on the end. the draw is a little loose, but nothing that will be problematic. not much flavor on the cold draw, just maybe a cold tea.

The cigar lights up nicely without any issue. Initial flavors are of smooth mellow tobacco. Retro hale proves to be well flavored. Lots of complex flavors. after about 3-4 puffs a little spice jumps into the mix. maybe a hot pepper and or a hot cinnamon. But its a nice hot, not a bust your pallet hot, just a nice little tingle. Retrohale proves the same, doesnt bust my sinus, but proves really flavorful.

So the prementioned vein causes some burn issues at the 1/3 mark and again at about the 1/2 way point. Both resulting in touch up lights. :crytears::sadstare: Funny enough, typically this will really affect flavor for a few puffs, but I didnt really think it affected the flavor all that much.:headroll::laugh:

So after the first few puffs, I can definately feel this one, and by the 1/3 - 1/2 way point this sucker is totally jumping into the full category!:lookaroun

At some point in the cigar I said to myself, there are strenght differneces, but the base flavor of this cigar really reminded me of the Tat 7th Reserva. Difference is that the DR hits you up front the 7th hits you with the kick at the end. IMHO.....

Anyway, flavors were fairly complex, I will smoke this one again, but next time it will be after a hearty meal! Ive got another one to smoke, so Ill dust that off in the spring.

Enjoy!

:waving:

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Got a few of these still...have to ration them cause I love them so much. I like 'em with a bourbon and coke after a nice hearty meal. They are tasty sons a bitches.

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review. Have a couple resting until February when they will be consumed in Sedona when my twin Bro comes out for a little visit.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Awesome review brother, thanks! Still have yet to try one of these, this might force me to pick a couple up.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The #9's are one of my go to smokes and its been awhile since I had a dirty rat but yesterday I was on wades and picked up a box of rats and noticed I had one in the humidor from ...who knows when and lite it up. Yup they should come with a warning to smoke after a good meal but damm are they good.:grinFU:

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Is this - like both the T52 and No. 9 - a stick that really mellows and improves with rest?

I have one in the humi, and I've been tempted to break it out because it's been so cold and the corona size is definitely attractive for colder weather.

But part of me also wants to be patient and maybe wait 'til the summer, because maybe it'll be freaking DIVINE by then.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ah...I bet that one I smoked was 6mos. plus in my avallo humi- not a long time LOL by any means but these smokes have in my limited experience are a good smoke but with a bit of vit. n to them by design. After smoking the rat I did go back to this review and I agree how the rat hits you upfront but I do not think its over strong but perhaps wise to have a dinner in ya.

Last edited:

bwsledge

Flavor is the key
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good review. I really enjoy the Liga Privada's and have enjoyed the Dirty Rat so far. I prefer the Flyin' Pig, but both are good.