What's new

You ever have a cigar...

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
that you like only in one size? For a yard 'gar I like the Augusto Reyes Nativo in a lancero. I have tried other sizes but this one has a touch of sweetness in a medium-bodied smoke that for me, makes it pleasurable... I know it isn't an expensive cigar but then again it's not about the cost it's whether you enjoy it or not right?

[/IMG]​

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Strangely enough, yes I have. For me it is the Rocky Patel Sun Grown. Can't stand it in any size but the lancero. Just not a good stick to me other then in that vitola.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tatuaje Havana VI I highly prefer in the Corona Gorda size, same with the Padilla Dominus. I need to smoke more to know for sure but so far the only size Ive really liked the Los Blancos Nine in was the Churhchill.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
CAO Brazilia...I only really care for the Piranha (4 1/2 x 46) size. It's the only one of that line that hasn't given me burn issues. Other than that I don't really have a preference other than I usually opt for robustos :dunno:.

Dan

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAO Brazilia...I only really care for the Piranha (4 1/2 x 46) size. It's the only one of that line that hasn't given me burn issues. Other than that I don't really have a preference other than I usually opt for robustos :dunno:.

Dan
I was expecting you to say Gol since it seems like the one that gets all the attention. The Gol is one of my go to cigars. I would add the La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro to the list. Although to be honest, I never tried the other vitolas. I just like the Wavells and see no need to explore any further. As far as the Tat Havanas, I really like the Victorias.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I tend to stick to stuff in the robusto size, but not really based off flavor...just my preference. Not to say I won't smoke other sizes, but when I'm shopping, thats the size range I generally stick to.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I like all of the Air Bender sizes I've had, but to me the Matatan is the one I will always go for, and is the best.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
One more vote for the AR lanero/corona. I really like this one. The other vitolas were borderline awful.

5 Vegas 'A' Anomoly (PC) is another. Fantastic little cigar. Other sizes are average at best.

CAO VR - Full Fathom Five - Box Press short corona? Anyway, it is 10 times better than any other size.

Perdomo Patriarch Corojo Lonsdale - Good in all sizes, but Lonsdale is completely different, much better cigar.

La Aroma de Cuba Monarch - Old blend - The toro has richer, fuller, chewier body than any other size

jimrockford

MSgt, US Air Force
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the AB Tempus Quadrum and found a 5 pack of the Terra Nova on sale and figured they'd be just as good. I can hardly believe they're the same smoke.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my pet theory. If you treat a cigar as a cylinder with radius r and length h then the ratio of wrapper surface area to filler volume is

(2pi x r x h)/(pi x r^2 x h) = 2/r.

so it seems that, within limits, if you want to accentuate the taste of the filler over that of the wrapper, go for a squat thick stogie with a large value of r, but if you want to accentuate the flavor of the wrapper, smoke a lonsdale.

I typically enjoy cigars that are robusto size or thicker. But every now and then I am in the mood for a Don Tomas candela, which is such an idiosyncratic wrapper flavor that I buy the cetro size, which is comparable to a lonsdale.