What's new

You Folks Ruined Me

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
For years I was a Scotch, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey drinker. After reading posts here about Ryes, I grabbed a bottle of Bulleit and was instantly hooked. I've been drinking nothing but Rye for the past 6 months or so. I just poured my first Scotch in many, many months, (a single malt Isley) and all I can taste is Peat. Guess I'll pour myself some Rye in order to get this nasty taste out of my mouth.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Ha ha I know what you mean. Don't much care for scotch myself anymore.

But I must point out that you would be the pot brother. You have ruined more than a few lol

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Go with a Highland scotch after drinking heavy ryes, it'll make the transition back to Islays much smoother.

Lately I've been into oak aged sipping rum. Kirk and Sweeney makes a really nice one, aged 12 years, very smooth, pairs exceptionally well with several cigars, and it's only $35 a bottle. It's the same folks that make Masterson' Whiskey and Uncle Vals botanical gin. Worth checking out ;)

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
There are so many good spirits our there it's ridiculous
^^ Truth

And this group has also gotten me into rum as well.

I love scotch but, like bourbon, demand has driven up prices and I am not paying $60 for a bottle of bourbon that, a couple of years ago, could be had for $30.

That's what's nice about having an expanded palate - there's always something affordable that you like to drink.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
when you take the devil into your mouth, you're doomed !

For he is lying there in wait for you inside that bottle of whiskey...
...waiting to get down into your guts where he can do his devil's work.

Liquor is the most foul, evil thing in this here world.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye maybe one of the best whiskys in the world. Give me a bottle of this any day over any of the Van Winkle bottlings :applause:!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Go with a Highland scotch after drinking heavy ryes, it'll make the transition back to Islays much smoother.

Lately I've been into oak aged sipping rum. Kirk and Sweeney makes a really nice one, aged 12 years, very smooth, pairs exceptionally well with several cigars, and it's only $35 a bottle. It's the same folks that make Masterson' Whiskey and Uncle Vals botanical gin. Worth checking out ;)
Yes, I have done sipping rums, but it's been a while. Mt. Gay Extra Old for when I had the bucks, Pyrat for everyday, and Black Seal for when I was broke, lol.