What's new

You Master Blend

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I posted this in another forum, but figure it could be fun to read your responses as well.

I finally got around reading the Winter issue of Cigar Magazine. In it, there was a fascinating artile about master blenders, those individuals that create the masterpieces we enjoy so much. They interviewed many of the heavy weights and they discussed the great process that goes into creating a premium hand made cigar.

The article got me thinking: if I had the experience, expertise, and knowlegde to create a blend, what would that blend be? I am sure that all of us have dreamt about coming up with our own cigar. So after thinking about it all night long and this morning, here's the blend I came up with:

I love corojo and ligero tobaccos. So I would use a corojo wrapper grown in the dominican republic, similar to that used on the La Aurora Preferidos Corojo. For binder, I would use ligero from nicaragua. For filler, I would use ligero from nicaragua and dominican republic. I want the cigar to have a lot of flavor but not be overpowering: so I am hoping that the full flavor of the nicaraguan ligero will be tempered a bit by the sweet and mellow flavors of the dominican tobacco, and complement each other nicely.

So the recap, my cigar would sport:

Binder: Ligero from Nicaragua
Filler: Ligero from Dominican Republic and Nicaragua
Wrapper: Corojo from Dominican Republic

What do you guys think? How about your own blend? what would it be? I know we have a bunch of imaginative smokers here, so cant wait to read what others would come up with. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you can go on one of Drew estates-"cigar safais" trips to Nic. and in the factory blend your own! They hold a hands on class I think the cost is $650.00

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Just FYI...Ligero is not a tobacco, it refers to the location of the leaf of any given tobacco plant. It's the strongest part of the plant, regardless of the type of tobacco...

Anyway, I'd just grab a T52...It's the best blend I've tasted in the last 15 years!!