What's new

You tubed

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My jobsite had a drone filming when the final main beam of the bridge demo was dropped, on you tube - SOTO BRIDGE MAIN GIRDER REMOVAL. Check it out brothers.

Last edited:

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Video isn't there. I do mostly underground pipe now, but used to build/rebuild bridges. Fun stuff.

Tracked the video down. Pretty cool stuff.

Ya ,,, I always say "the only easything about bridges, is inspecting them". But underground work is some of the most dangerous. Most accidents happen in trenches. You be careful bro.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm an estimator now, so I rarely even get to see any of the fun stuff anymore. I miss being in the field.

I "lived" in construction trailers for years. Around the constant noise of equipment operating and all the related sounds that comes with busy construction sites. I miss being able to be a direct part of the work and the camaraderie of all the guys in the field. I was never a worker in the field, I've always been construction management. But it was still fun to be a part of it.

Now it's up to me to come up with the first plan for getting the job done, get the job and turn it over to the people that will manage the work. All in a very quick period of time because the next job to bid is always waiting for me. It's a different type of time pressure and I am enjoying it a lot. My company goes after the tough work - the harder or deeper the dig, the more likely we are to be the ones to do it. Right now I'm trying to get a job that includes a 25' dig in the middle of a very busy road in downtown Washington, DC. Good stuff!