What's new

Your assistance please!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brothers,
My sister and her boyfriend took a trip to the DR this past week and they brought me back a pair of cohibas! I looked at the reference guide and they seem legit, but I don't know what else to look for besides the label. She did not buy them from a guy at the beach, but instead purchased inside the hotel's shop, so that was the first comforting thing lol. I've attached a shot of the labels, but if further photos are needed, I can provide. I don't feel a weird vibe from em, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, ya know?!

Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409325904.912543.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rats. That was quick. Thanks though!

Like I said, I'm no expert. That's a shame cuz she said they were twice the cost of the guys at the beach.

You think they're safe to smoke anyway? I don't wanna burn rolled up coconut leaf and newspaper

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm far from an expert but those are dead giveaways!

I wouldn't smoke them, but hey that's me. Cut one open, you might not want to after that.

When people go on vacation and ask if I want cigars I always tell them I would only spend MY money at an LCDH and explain why to them.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You'll want to be careful, and not smoke that. I have seen ones exactly like those fakes with hair/rocks/and bark inside. You don't want to smoke that. I would cut it open for science!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I know that now for sure. I'll split one later and see what's going on. I really appreciate the help!! If anything good shoes up, I'll post the results of the autopsy.

Cheers brothers!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Just got an email from my boss this afternoon regarding some Dominican Faux-hibas that he purchased last year when he was down in the DR. We keep the office wineador at 65/65 and the rest of our cigars were fine. The fake Cohibas he brought back were dried out and nasty however.

In addition they had some interesting holes in them. Here's the photo that he sent me. This is yet another reason why it's definitely not a good idea to buy fakes. He will be freezing the rest of his stash and cleaning over the weekend.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just got an email from my boss this afternoon regarding some Dominican Faux-hibas that he purchased last year when he was down in the DR. We keep the office wineador at 65/65 and the rest of our cigars were fine. The fake Cohibas he brought back were dried out and nasty however.

In addition they had some interesting holes in them. Here's the photo that he sent me. This is yet another reason why it's definitely not a good idea to buy fakes. He will be freezing the rest of his stash and cleaning over the weekend.

What? Isn't that plume? 😂

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

What? Isn't that plume? ��

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing! You beat me to it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I took a trip to the lab (very late, so I apologize!) and did some dissecting. Here are my findings. Please feel free to chime in, as I'm no expert!

The start: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414693950.520473.jpg
The mutilated wrapperImageUploadedByTapatalk1414693984.627982.jpg
The decent outer leaf: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414694016.746556.jpg
The binder (is that the right term?) I had a hard time w this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414694055.456775.jpg
And what appears to be long leaf filler (again not sure of terms) that I unpacked/unrolled: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414694100.156432.jpg

No newspaper, bugs, belly button lint, etc. to be seen, but This was the only suspect part
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414694156.726781.jpg

Now the question remains: this looks ok and I have a second one--can I smoke it?

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
no problem smoking it, it is a real cigar made in the DR.

Cuban Cohiba? No......

I see lots of the fake Cohs here in my town,the band with the "C" with a tail has been around for many years,surprising to still see it,since the CC comminuty at large knows it is a blatant fake.

Recently was gifted a Cohiba maduro with this same fake band and the addition of the word "Maduro", really surprised at that!!

Still selling well to tourists,though....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's how I procured it. I told my sister not to buy cifars but she did. At least I can burn one and tell her it was good!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Now the question remains: this looks ok and I have a second one--can I smoke it?
Sorry your sister got fakes, I hate seeing good people get taken. But why keep asking us if you should smoke it? Only you can answer that. I personally would not for many reasons.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your sister got fakes, I hate seeing good people get taken. But why keep asking us if you should smoke it? Only you can answer that. I personally would not for many reasons.
This is true. I ask only because I wanted opinions on the look of the materials. I'm not sure exactly what is normal/what isn't, so I figured the knowledge base here could help answer that.

Why wouldn't you, if I may ask?