What's new

Your assistance please!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Now the question remains: this looks ok and I have a second one--can I smoke it?
Sorry your sister got fakes, I hate seeing good people get taken. But why keep asking us if you should smoke it? Only you can answer that. I personally would not for many reasons.
reaching out for the voice of experience? i have and probably will again burned fakes, after seeing what they were made of (like you did in your dissection). then again, if it doesn't feel right within the first 1/4" of burn, it gets MU'd. laid down and forgotten. you don't know what that tobacco IS, how it has been CURED and HANDLED, and it is already sold under false pretenses. ryan (aloha) is right to doubt it. i'm with you that it couldn't hurt to fire it up. just me though...

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
used to wtf smoke "X is back from Y and brought you Z" outright fakes.

that novelty wore off so,

Id toss that crap.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Now the question remains: this looks ok and I have a second one--can I smoke it?
Sorry your sister got fakes, I hate seeing good people get taken. But why keep asking us if you should smoke it? Only you can answer that. I personally would not for many reasons.
This is true. I ask only because I wanted opinions on the look of the materials. I'm not sure exactly what is normal/what isn't, so I figured the knowledge base here could help answer that.

Why wouldn't you, if I may ask?
I understand why you're asking and I didn't mean to put your question down. I just mean that only you can decide for yourself if you should smoke it or not. There is no right or wrong answer, it's all preference. The reasons I wouldn't smoke a fake cuban cigar? First you never know what's inside of them. You cut one open and it doesn't look terrible... at least it's long filler etc. All those spots look like water spots and should be harmless, but how do you know for sure what it is? Second, you have no idea what kind of tobacco this is, and how it was grown. It could be full of nasty ass pesticides/chemicals, who knows. Also, I like to know what I'm smoking just for knowledge sakes. Is that DR tobacco? Is it Costa Rican, Mexican, back yard shit? I don't smoke a lot of cigars compared to others, so when I do, I want a quality cigar... not a total unknown "cigar" just because. Life is too short man. And lastly, I don't want to support the makers and sellers of fake cuban cigars. That's part of the reason why I prefer to tell my friends/family that these cigars are in fact fake...

Whenever I travel, I will only buy at LCDH shops unless I do research in advance and know of other legitimate shops. But those other legitimate shops must be well-vetted. Some of the best shops in the world aren't a LCDH shop.... Fox in Dublin/London is a prime example.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the response aloha. You're right, it is really up in the air about where/what the tobacco is from. That's why I told her about not buying Cuz I know about lcdh shops and she hadn't the foggiest. I think she got burned for $30/2

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just remember, it's the thought that counts, that people think of you and are willing to pick you up a couple cigars is worth more than the cigars are :) (and I sincerely mean that)