What's new

Your fav phone holder for car?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I've rarely used a phone holder in my car... Washington's stricter law is starting soon so I need one. For guys on the road a lot, or have tried many kinds, what specific ones do you like? It seems many are the magnet type where you have to put a magnet on your phone... I'd rather stay away from those. I have an Apple 6+.

Bonus points for it being on a deal for Amazon Prime day lol

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have one in each car, started using them when I was driving kids to school and wanted to make sure I set a good example for them.

I have four requirements:
1. Cheap
2. Springloaded "grippers", so it can accommodate multiple sizes without needing to adjust anything
3. Rotates easily
4. Removable/moveable, so I can place it elsewhere or take it with me if I need to.

I just got this one for the van, because the distance to the windshield is so far. It allows the phone to sit in the space between the instrument panel and the center console, so it doesn't block anything, is very visible, and easy to reach.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameauty-Car-Mount-Holder-Long-Arm-Universal-Windshield-Phone-Mount-Holder-Cradl/263058395241?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This one is what I use in my car. It was $6. I actually used heavy duty mounting tape to hang the plastic mounting plate to the side of the center console. You can still remove the mount and put in anywhere, but I like it right next to the radio.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-Windshield-Dash-Suction-Mount-GPS-Phone-Holder-360-Rotating-/171562331429?var=&hash=item27f1e96d25

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Kenu Airframe and I currently have an iPhone 6-plus. Why? I got it about 5 years ago and it was about the only one like it back then. I had an iPhone 4 (or whatever it was back then) and I upgraded to an iPhone 6-Plus about 3 years ago. It fit the new 6-plus so I'm still using it today. From a longevity point of view, I got my my money's worth out of it. If it still fits my next phone, I will continue to use it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have this one, which was on sale for prime day. But when I searched for it, now it doesn't show up for prime day. Weird. Unless it was sold from different vendors. I have mine mounted to the windshield but it can also be mounted to the dash as well with the additional attachments. This works for me and can be adjusted closer or farther away from you depending on where and how it gets mounted.

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Universal-Holder-Samsung-Packaging/dp/B01BZC262Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1499824892&sr=1-5&keywords=car+cell+phone+holder&th=1