What's new

Your Favorite FireFox Extensions

cubancigarman

CRA/NRA MEMBER
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought it might be fun to see what the BOTL's favorite extensions are in firefox.

Personally I'm in love with Customize Google.
http://www.customizegoogle.com/

This thing allows you to customize a ton of things about how google presents information to you. The best one is the type ahead (word suggestion). Try it I'm sure you'll like it.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Tab Mix Plus is by far my favourite... lets you customise how tabs behave and how links you click on will open e.g. if I do a google search using the ff search bar it will open the search in a new tab rather than the current tab and if I click one of the search results it opens in a new tab rather than the current one. Simply put it makes browsing a whole lot easier.

Edit: Just doesn't seem fair to leave these out so honourable mentions go to:

1. MR Toolkit - better management of FF and your addons
2. Ctrl-Tab Preview
3. FF Universal Uploader
4. Ad Block Plus
5. Clean and Close - cleans up the download window and closes it with one click
6. PDF Download - gives you more flexibility when downloading or opening PDF files
7. Foxmarks bookmarks synchronizer

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Foxmarks - syncs my bookmarks on all my machines.
FireFTP - full-on S/FTP client right in a browser window.
AdBlock Plus - 'nuf said.
DownloadHelper - saves web Flash video.
History Submenus - adds submenus with daily history
PicLens - pretty awesome image browsing. Has to be experienced to explain.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I still cannot get FF3 to open on my iBook.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
At work IE Tab comes in handy. It lets you open a tab that uses Internet Explorer to render the page instead of firefox. It helps you test a page in both browsers, or open pages that require IE without opening a whole IE window.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
At work IE Tab comes in handy. It lets you open a tab that uses Internet Explorer to render the page instead of firefox. It helps you test a page in both browsers, or open pages that require IE without opening a whole IE window.
Wow...awesome add-on! I have certain work pages that didn't display fully/properly in FF. I downloaded and configured this add-on to automatically display them with the IE engine any time I visit the page. This is going to make my life easier.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
PicLens - pretty awesome image browsing. Has to be experienced to explain.
That's an awesome extension for FF though not limited to FF, you can use it on IE or download a local version for your PC that lets you add the piclens flavour to your website.

A definite must have for all photo and video junkies.

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No one has mentioned NoScript yet?

It not only block ads on most sites, but also blocks pop-ups, pop-unders, the dhtml sliding around ads, and anything else dynamic on a web page unless you specifically allow it. I will warn you, it's a pain to setup at first. After you install it, pretty much none of your usual web pages will work. But as you allow scripts for the sites you want to work it remembers them so once you've gone through and allowed all your usual sites it's fine until you go to a new site you've never been to before.