What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping to show you guys all the new tobacco's I got in today from 4noggins - but it seems my shipment got hung up in NH. Arg!

So feeling all sorry for myself (I don't think it's going to be here tomorrow either as it just got into KC) and with all the Zippo talk on another thread, I decided to pick this up on the way home.

It's no IM, but it worked well enough on it's inaugural bowl. This may become the one lol :). Woot!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for another Savinelli - a larger one than my Lolita, I stumbled onto this Sigla:

Length: 5.30 in./134.62 mm. Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
Bowl Height: 1.77 in./44.96 mm. Chamber Depth: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm. Outside Diameter: 1.35 in./34.29 mm.
Stem Material: Acrylic Filter: 6mm
Shape: Bent Billiard Finish: Rusticated
Material: Briar Country: Italy

It's certainly not the size I wanted - but I just had to have it lol!

INCOMING!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well clearly I have been on a tear purchasing pipes and pipe tobaccos here lately. Alas, after the above Savinelli comes in, I think I'll be set for some time. I mean, I just got another order of tobacco in... and it's a beauty! I can't wait to get into them:

Cornell & Diehl: BOW LEGGED BEAR 2oz; Cornell & Diehl: PURPLE COW 2oz; 4noggins Bulk: BALD HEADED TEACHER; Cornell & Diehl Bulk: HAUNTED BOOKSHOP; Cornell & Diehl Bulk: NIGHT TRAIN; Cornell & Diehl Bulk: EPIPHANY; Peter Heinrichs: DARK STRONG FLAKE 100g; McClelland: FROG MORTON'S CELLAR 100g; Dunhill Bulk: EARLY MORNING PIPE; Dunhill Bulk: NIGHTCAP; G.L. Pease: GASLIGHT 2oz

All packed up for use:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy craptastic!!

And you're not even picking up cheap drug store brands. You're grabbing a shit ton of good stuff
I don't know what to say - trying these tobaccos is exciting. It's akin to drinking micro brew beers.

I figure I'll eventually get a handle on what I like and ultimately become more selective... but the variety will always be fun I figure. I note I am really leaning towards English Blends.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like cigars, remember that your palate will change. I was also very much into English when I first started (don't get me wrong, I still really like them), but found that I have been on a Virginia kick as of late.
Understood and thanks for the heads-up.

To be quite honest, I look forward to a more trained palate. If that means my tastes change - so be it - I have a selection :).

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
And once your palette becomes a bit more evolved, you'll likely find that you *still* enjoy the English blends, just not exclusively. You'll enjoy the Va/Per blends as well and can then focus on building your collection of those since you have a bunch of English stuff.

Or, worst case scenario, you have a lot of quality tobaccos that you can trade or sell. Hell, some of those you could probably hide away for 8 or 9 years and sell at a tidy profit.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I was really hoping to show you guys all the new tobacco's I got in today from 4noggins - but it seems my shipment got hung up in NH. Arg!

So feeling all sorry for myself (I don't think it's going to be here tomorrow either as it just got into KC) and with all the Zippo talk on another thread, I decided to pick this up on the way home.

It's no IM, but it worked well enough on it's inaugural bowl. This may become the one lol :). Woot!
Nice! I got the basic black one with the little pipe on the corner.