What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
and now my wallet is gone....abducted by my other half...never to return (TOTALLY WORTH IT)

Esoterica:
Scarborough, Brighton, St. Ives, Peacehaven, Cardiff
C&D Bourbon Bleu, Pirate Kake, Kajun Kake
Manil Semois Medium Cut & Thick Cut
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
Bengal Slices
Presbyterian Mixture
Mac Baren:
Roll Cake, Dark Twist, Original Choice, HH Vintage Syrian
Bulk: Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake, Luxury Navy Flake, Luxury Twist Flake

IMG_0212__1458341461_67.160.106.100.jpg

Last edited:

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Coincidence. I have a feeling @jsnake and I might have a common interest to discuss.
It would seem so!

Here's a few from recently a snake presentation at work

He had a carpet snake, eastern brown and a red belly black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It would seem so!

Here's a few from recently a snake presentation at work

He had a carpet snake, eastern brown and a red belly black.

Two different fellas but obviously this guy has great taste. Probably handsome too.

We just have a Bumblebee Ball Python now. We sold our collection and set up the last time my wife got pregnant. She is a registered Vet Tech and we always have a variety of animals and reptiles. I draw the line at spiders though. I just can't.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this C.P.F and I just had to have it. I am very particular with silver inlaid pipes, but I liked the fact this one was not gaudy. Fine & precise lines and take the fact that this is an un-smoked pipe that is no younger than 101 years old. And.. I only paid $30 for it!! In the first pic you can also see the WDC Milano extra that is very very lightly smoked. I will show it off after i sanitize and buff it.

CPF1.jpg CPF2.jpg CPF3.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Coincidence. I have a feeling @jsnake and I might have a common interest to discuss.
I met Tim Fitzer last night at a gathering we had at the pub. He's one of the snake catchers on the Discovery Channels "Venom Hunters" show. He's a friend of a couple of my friends from the old neighborhood when we were growing up. Seems like a nice guy, just kind of crazy like the rest of us. Do you guys raise them, or catch and raise them? I used to rattlesnake hunt in the gypsum hills around Mangum and Okeene Oklahoma, but that was years gone by....

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
First foray onto this side of the board. I've been curious about piping for a while & have almost purchased a cob the last few times I went to my tobacconist. I was recently given a pipe that was at my grandma's house for _____ years. Don't know if it belonged to grandpa, an uncle, or was maybe from my Dad's pipe smoking days. No one knew. I read Grrrrr's thread on cleaning, took the advice, & am confident it's sanitary. It looks to have been only very gently used. (It draws fine, but there is a crack on it that I could use some advise about.)

Anyway, it's below along with the few bags I picked up to try. Two Straus Tobacconist house-blends, Sleepy Hollow & Ault Park, along with some Dunhill Early Morning.

Looking forward to packing one up after dinner and seeing what the experience is like. Sorry for the long post...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the "other" side :) Don't let anything discourage you if things don't come together at first. Packing your bowl correctly takes a little practice and stuff like that. If you have any questions just ask. These folks on here are awesome and knowledgeable. Most of all ENJOY!!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
First foray onto this side of the board. I've been curious about piping for a while & have almost purchased a cob the last few times I went to my tobacconist. I was recently given a pipe that was at my grandma's house for _____ years. Don't know if it belonged to grandpa, an uncle, or was maybe from my Dad's pipe smoking days. No one knew. I read Grrrrr's thread on cleaning, took the advice, & am confident it's sanitary. It looks to have been only very gently used. (It draws fine, but there is a crack on it that I could use some advise about.)

Anyway, it's below along with the few bags I picked up to try. Two Straus Tobacconist house-blends, Sleepy Hollow & Ault Park, along with some Dunhill Early Morning.

Looking forward to packing one up after dinner and seeing what the experience is like. Sorry for the long post...
Good to have you bro! Estate pipes are the bomb! Dunhill EMP is great hope you enjoy! Shoot me a PM if you have any queries! A lot of folks bail cos it's too hard basket at the start but stick with it and it's such a great past time!

Rating - 100%
151   0   0

Having straus close by is a great thing to have there is a wealth of knowledge there. Also look up tobacco carrousel. It's in reading and not in the best spot but a great place for baccy and knowledge

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Good to have you bro! Estate pipes are the bomb! Dunhill EMP is great hope you enjoy! Shoot me a PM if you have any queries! A lot of folks bail cos it's too hard basket at the start but stick with it and it's such a great past time!
Appreciate that! By basket I guess you mean packing? I did the 3-step pack, but it was too tight last night & I had to tend it more than I'd like. I need some practice. That tool came in handy though. I'm also going to need to set the blend I had out for a while next time as it was a little wet too, but I definitely enjoyed the flavor & aroma.

Having straus close by is a great thing to have there is a wealth of knowledge there. Also look up tobacco carrousel. It's in reading and not in the best spot but a great place for baccy and knowledge
They were very helpful. It's not even 5 mins from my house, so I'm there fairly often. I've never heard of the other shop. Thanks for the heads-up!

Last edited: