What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Take some time to research what you have, look at some reviews to see what other people say they get out of it, but take it with a grain of salt since all our palates are different. Plum pudding is definitely a solid starting point, but it may also set the bar a little high. My general rule of thumb, if the smoke smells good, it probably tastes like shit. If the smoke smell like shit, it probably tastes good. Lol. Always exceptions to the rules though. Definitely try some Virginias, Virginia/perique blends, burley blends, and englishes. Aromatics have a tendency to smell great but taste like ass but there are a few tasty ones out there.
That's a crazy rule of thumb. LOL. I love the smell of all non-aromatic tobacco. I really can't think of one blend I've tried that I thought smelled terrible.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's a crazy rule of thumb. LOL. I love the smell of all non-aromatic tobacco. I really can't think of one blend I've tried that I thought smelled terrible.
I'm talking the smell of the smoke, not necessarily the tobacco itself. McClelland 2050 has a wonderful tin note. The room note is probably not enjoyable to most though. Maybe I should have clarified better.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Had a good week so far, got a really nice leather baccy pouch from legendary saxon, a dagner cob and a beautiful meerschaum pipe that I can't wait to clean up an smoke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
That meer is dead sexy. Nice pickup
+1 that's a beauty! Love the carving and that stem color is amazing. Gonna be such a good match when it darkens up some more!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

Savinelli marron glacé thanks to @The Munt
Thanks brother was totally blown away and glad to have a catch up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries mate! Thanks for the hospitality! Besides every piper should experience a Sav 320 at some point!