What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ordered a MM straight cob, 2oz of Mississippi River, and 1oz of Lane 1Q. Oh yeah and some grabow filters. They will fit in the MM right? Thanks y'all I can't wait to smoke a couple bowls and get my first pipe broken in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like 1q, just make sure it's dry enough. As for the cobs, they shouldn't really take any break in period, just go straight to town. Not sure about the filters. I think most guys ditch them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like 1q, just make sure it's dry enough. As for the cobs, they shouldn't really take any break in period, just go straight to town. Not sure about the filters. I think most guys ditch them.
Thanks I had no clue about the filters. They were dirt cheap so I threw them in my order. Thanks 8ball I appreciate the input. Yeah Miss River and 1Q seemed to be favorites all over the Internet so I figured they would be good starters. I will definitely dry my portions on a plate for a couple hours before smoking.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks I had no clue about the filters. They were dirt cheap so I threw them in my order. Thanks 8ball I appreciate the input. Yeah Miss River and 1Q seemed to be favorites all over the Internet so I figured they would be good starters. I will definitely dry my portions on a plate for a couple hours before smoking.

My pleasure. You may actually like the filters, but I think cobs are good for absorbing moisture without them. Dryness of baccy is kind of a personal preference. I like mine fairly dry. Some guys leave it out for minutes, some an hour or longer. I had some Boswell stuff that I finally nuked after letting it sit out for days. No way I could keep that stuff lit as-is. Some may frown at the microwave (like GL Pease), but whatever. In the end, you are the one smoking it, so it doesn't really matter how other people prepare it. Do some trial and error and see what works for you. If you do ever nuke though, 20 seconds would probably be the max.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Incredible deal on the hackert! Let me know how the cob cigar smokes. I got a briar cigar free when I ordered a blackjack but haven't smoked it yet
Yeah I couldn't pass it up at that price, I definitely used up my budget for a couple months with everything I got but the prices were too good. I just had some dark and stormy in the cob and it smoked really good. It's even set up as a reverse calabash like the briar ones.