What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Damn. That thing's too pretty to smoke!

What can you tell us about it? I couldn't find much at all.
Here are the auction photos and description:

Here we have a stunning 19th century Montague Friedlander antique briar estate pipe in the
straight bulldog shape, complete with three sections of hallmarked sterling silver and a beautiful egg-yolk
amber stem.
The pipe is housed in its original fitted presentation case with the Friedlander "MF" logo on the interior
in gold.
"Montague Alexander Friedlander was born in San Francisco about 1858/59. His father was Alexander
Friedlander, a peripatetic German Jew born in Hamburg around 1817. Alexander wandered from Germany,
to England (where he met his wife), to California, and then to Scotland. Once in Scotland Montague established
Friedlander & Co. at 23 Royal Exchange Square in Glasgow; the business first appears in Glasgow
directories in the 1862/63 edition. The firm at various times dealt as a wholesale importer and shipper of
tobacconists' furnishings, fancy goods, Havana cigars, cigarettes, walking sticks, jars, glass cases, scales,
weights, leeches, etc"
-Pipesmagazine
The stem no longer screws to the shank unfortunately, so would need a repair.
Aside from this the pipe is in superb condition, just with a few light scratches on the briar.
All the silver aspects are in excellent condition, as is the stem which has just a couple of very light teethmarks.
There is a shallow layer of carbon in the chamber.
The "MF" logo is on the side of the briar shank in gold print.
All of the silver aspects are hallmarked to Scotland, 1895 (letter "Y"). Two of them feature the maker's stamp "MF".
The case is in very good condition and fixes shut securely.

Dimensions:

Length: 6 1/4" or 160mms

Height (bowl): 50mms
MF7.jpg MF11.jpg MF5.jpg MF6.jpg MF4.jpg MF12.jpg MF8.jpg MF10.jpg MF3.jpg MF9.jpg
Weight (pipe): 50g

Outside Diameter: 30mms
Chamber Diameter: 20mms
Chamber Depth: 35mms
Bowl Circumference: 120mms

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Here are the auction photos and description:

Here we have a stunning 19th century Montague Friedlander antique briar estate pipe in the
straight bulldog shape, complete with three sections of hallmarked sterling silver and a beautiful egg-yolk
amber stem.
The pipe is housed in its original fitted presentation case with the Friedlander "MF" logo on the interior
in gold.
"Montague Alexander Friedlander was born in San Francisco about 1858/59. His father was Alexander
Friedlander, a peripatetic German Jew born in Hamburg around 1817. Alexander wandered from Germany,
to England (where he met his wife), to California, and then to Scotland. Once in Scotland Montague established
Friedlander & Co. at 23 Royal Exchange Square in Glasgow; the business first appears in Glasgow
directories in the 1862/63 edition. The firm at various times dealt as a wholesale importer and shipper of
tobacconists' furnishings, fancy goods, Havana cigars, cigarettes, walking sticks, jars, glass cases, scales,
weights, leeches, etc"
-Pipesmagazine
The stem no longer screws to the shank unfortunately, so would need a repair.
Aside from this the pipe is in superb condition, just with a few light scratches on the briar.
All the silver aspects are in excellent condition, as is the stem which has just a couple of very light teethmarks.
There is a shallow layer of carbon in the chamber.
The "MF" logo is on the side of the briar shank in gold print.
All of the silver aspects are hallmarked to Scotland, 1895 (letter "Y"). Two of them feature the maker's stamp "MF".
The case is in very good condition and fixes shut securely.

Dimensions:

Length: 6 1/4" or 160mms

Height (bowl): 50mms
View attachment 91515 View attachment 91516 View attachment 91517 View attachment 91518 View attachment 91519 View attachment 91520 View attachment 91521 View attachment 91522 View attachment 91523 View attachment 91524
Weight (pipe): 50g

Outside Diameter: 30mms
Chamber Diameter: 20mms
Chamber Depth: 35mms
Bowl Circumference: 120mms
So beautiful. What would one expect to bid for one of those?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Just got my commissioned pipe from Eric (New England Pipeworks) - absolutely blown away by his craftsmanship! He gave me updates and questions through the whole process if I wanted to change this or add that. Looks even better in person & cannot wait to try it out
20170208_161925.jpg
20170208_162044.jpg
20170208_162059.jpg
20170208_162118.jpg

Just wanted to give him a shout out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just got my commissioned pipe from Eric (New England Pipeworks) - absolutely blown away by his craftsmanship! He gave me updates and questions through the whole process if I wanted to change this or add that. Looks even better in person & cannot wait to try it out
View attachment 91678
View attachment 91679
View attachment 91680
View attachment 91681

Just wanted to give him a shout out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That is a beautiful piece of work.