What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered myself a little sampler from tobacco pipes dot com and it came in the mail today! I'm pretty new to pipe smoking, and had no idea of all the options until I started reading BOTL threads, so I'm stoked to explore. Got an oz of each in a range of stuff to work my way from aromatics into the English spectrum:
- Sutliff 'Vanilla custard cream'
- C&D Autumn Evening (2 oz, in the jar, since I've heard it's great)
- Mac Baren seven seas royal blend
- Sutliff 'aromatic English blend'
- Sutliff 'English blend'
- C&D Granby Station
- Sutliff 'Dunhill 965 match'
- C&D Super Balkan
- C&D Byzantium
Anything I should be aware of, as a noob, approaching these options? Is smoking latikia-heavy blends going to make me smell like a side of bacon? Realizing I shoulda grabbed some Virgina or burley to round out the sampler - next time!
That's a pipe that I made in the pic.
Excited to be here. Thanks!

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored a couple estate pipes at an antique store today for $8 each, and a cool little stand! Both pipes say London England on them. Gave em a good clean (I'll probably do the salt treatment later) and cleaned and oiled the wood stand and set it up. Had to widen one of the holes in the stand to fit the wide fishtail bit of the bent pipe on the right (a father's day gift from my wife several years back). Pleased it also fits my janky homemade one. I feel "official" now, haha!

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the Middle Earth tobacco sampler from Country Squire and I'm pretty stoked. Saw Hobbiton Piper's review of their Rivendell blend and it sounded terrific, and I'm excited to try the other styles.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snagged this guy at the antique barn this week.
Needed a bit of cleaning up
It has a nifty threaded stem.
It says "Brewster Imported Briar" on the bowl and "Italy" on the stem. I gathered from Steve at Reborn Pipes that these were made by Italian pipe maker Rossi Bros. in the mid 1960s as a promo for Sir Walter Raleigh.
Should make an interesting addition to the rotation.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What year and what was the total?

I wanted that bad boy... but so did a bunch of other people...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

I wanted that bad boy... but so did a bunch of other people...

Looks like it's back up for bid.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
... on the other hand, if it is just going to get bid up to 200 bucks in the last 10 seconds... I'd probably rather get a new Radice for the price.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Reviving an ancient thread but this is what I won on CBid for $42
Bjarne Viking Assens Evening Pipe 411

pbjvae-pf-1009.jpg

This what I got

20240118_143517.jpg
20240118_143533.jpg
20240118_143549.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the substitute lots of wood in the bowl. Should have wiped it down, I left a little extra beeswax on the shaft when I checked the fit.