What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Here are the estates that came yesterday. I bought both of these from the same seller.

This says "AMBORY" and "LONDON MADE" underneath it. The silversmith hallmarks date it back to 1913-14. I'm going to be sending it out to get restored on Monday.

I also purchased this Barclay Rex. I'm going to try cleaning this one up myself.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
PaylessPipes order:

Gawith Hoggarth Chocolate Flake, Balkan Mixture, and Rum Flake.

SmokingPipes order:

MacBaren Dark Twist

Neerup chamber brushes

Nording Freehand that's going back. The right side looks too lopsided.

Shame about the Nording as it's a nice looking pipe..

I'm a little bit off them though, my first Nording Bulldog had a wonky stem that went to the left.

I didn't want to give up cos i really like the look of some Nording's but then I bought a Virgin Grain poker and the stem snapped on me...

2 out of 2 is enough to put me off, although I thought I was just unlucky, now you got issues... yeah no more Nording for this guy...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Shame about the Nording as it's a nice looking pipe..

I'm a little bit off them though, my first Nording Bulldog had a wonky stem that went to the left.

I didn't want to give up cos i really like the look of some Nording's but then I bought a Virgin Grain poker and the stem snapped on me...

2 out of 2 is enough to put me off, although I thought I was just unlucky, now you got issues... yeah no more Nording for this guy...
The right side of the pipe's bowl is at least a half inch shorter than the side shown in the picture. A little too "freehand" for me.

SmokingPipes only had one picture of the pipe, or I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
A Phillip Rivara billiard. He also threw in some C&D Star of the East, and a cool tamper.

Holy hell I love that tamper!! I need to get out to the range so I can finally make a tamper out of some spent brass. Should track down some antler as well. I dig his work and like that pipe also. Hope it smokes as well as it looks!