What's new

Your marathon shirts photo thread.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Marathon shirts are old shirts that were once new, but now are "vintage" in a not so hip kinda way. There are the shirts our wives and girlfriends are itching to turn into dish rags, and yet we managed to keep then safe. This thread is about honoring our old faithfuls, so post up.

Here's one of mine (that actually got me thinking about this).

20 years old, this shirt is.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Oh man, I wish I could post up in here but I can't find anything. Probably my best contribution would be a Boredoms t-shirt that I must have bought in 1989 or 1990. They were supporting Soul Discharge, and the show was at some rinkydink spot in Pomona. The shirt itself was a weird puke-green color with fluorescent orange print, and it's in tatters. I can't even wear it anymore (I guess I'd have to find it first to even consider that...) but I won't throw it out.

All the ones I have would be band shirts -- Dinosaur Jr., Nirvana (from the Bleach tour), and I'm sure they're all in the same box.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a shirt from '91 that inexplicably was lost in the last 7 years. It could be my bride tossed it or I did and forgot.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Shoot! Totally meant to take a picture before leaving home, but I forgot.

But, it's literally a marathon shirt, from the Paavo Nurmi. It was one of my dad's best races (on one of the hardest courses) back in his running days. I stopped wearing it when I was ~10. I plan on framing it and/or giving it to a kid of my own in the future.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Day late dollar short...

My marathon shirt just got thrown away. It was an NA 12 step sorry that said "trust the process". It finally had to be laid to rest lady week because the armpit tore when I took it off. Was over a decade old and still wore it under a north face pretty much weekly.