What's new

Your Method of Igniting

H

hellbub

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, to complete my ensemble of cigar smoking paraphernalia, along with the utility knife for the cut, I light up with a quick lite propane torch. :bigeyes: All my smoking is outside. Hasn't let me down yet, and holds up well in strong breezes. I do believe I could light up in a hurricane with that thing. I'm really not sure how I'd lite up in a public setting. Maybe I'd just bring it with.:halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Colibri "Oscar" w/ the 2 punches built in. Like the taste wood matches gives it. Heard zippo's were a cigar no no. Leaves fuel taste behind?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Prometheus said:
Colibri "Oscar" w/ the 2 punches built in. Like the taste wood matches gives it. Heard zippo's were a cigar no no. Leaves fuel taste behind?
I've heard that too but never had a first hand experience

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Lately I have been using wooden matches.

If I go to a herf,I take my Colibri with the built in cutter with me.

If I am on vacation its a disposable Bic and some wooden matches.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prometheus said:
Zippos will leave a taste only if you IMMEDIATELY put flame to your pipe/cigar. If you give it a second for the excess naptha to burn off you get a good clean light.

Until some moron with little to no respect for personal property broke the outer casing of my Zippo (the part that sadly can't be replaced, because they don't make that one anymore) trying to do a trick for his girlfriend, I used either that or wooden matches to light up.

taltos

token irishman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I am out of the house i use a Zippo black case. At home, keep in mind that my wife has asthma, so I smoke on the deck or in the garage, I use a Ronson technical butane torch. I bought this torch since I do a good amount of soldering work on circuit boards and on glass work. I had a torch from Austria that took special cartridges and then the company folded. This torch puts out a flame that will burn a hole in stainless steel exhaust pipe tubing and can also be turned down to light a cigar. Also has a screw in insert for shrinking plastic tubing and has screw-in soldering heads. Best of all, just uses Ronson butane ($2.29 per cylinder) and only cost $25 at Walmart. Certainly does a good job on a cigar and on its soldering jobs. Paul:riflefire

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
SmoothDraw said:
Just bought a new Nibo Triple Torch. Used it today for the first time and enjoyed it quite a bit.
I've seen a lot of guys buying those lately...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so yeah last time i lit up it was with a propain torch that my dad uses to light the fire place
other than that it is prety much anything that produces flame
like sticks from a fire, bic lighters, grills, matches, havent used a road flair yet but would be interested in the affects of that on a cigar.

anyone used a road flair yet

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
derek said:
Wood matches or a zippo insert.

However, I would like to get one of those Food torches.
I can't believe I just seen this. I have one of those torches and have actually used it to light a cigar. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was always curious as to the looks I would get if I lit a cigar up in public with that baby. :smokingbo

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have the tripple torch, have lots of problem with it, i have a single flame torch , and when i travel , it is wood Matches.........

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am looking to get a new good lighter. I really wonder if price makes a huge difference. I am looking at 3 flame lighters for 15 bucks then some for 100 bucks. I have no expertise here. I use my zippo most of the time. Any help?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I would go for a Dupont X-tend. They aren't cheap but they're very good. They don't work so well in the wind though.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I have an X-tend and it is a great lighter. I use mine in the wind and it does a good job, never goes out for me.