What's new

Your rope/twist tobacco experiences

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started smoking rope tobacco and I have to say I love it. My favorite is Gawith XX black. The closest thing I can compare it to is eating a steak.

The thick mouth feel is like no other smoking experience. I have to smoke slowly and deliberately. Lots of relights but I don't mind. If I sip too much it overpowers me. But it provokes a sense of contemplation unlike any other pipe tobacco I've tried.

The heavy, pungent smoke is definitely not "wife friendly" but I don't have a wife so no problem there. It puts my brain in slow motion in the best possible way.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just curious as I'm relatively new to pipes, are you reffering to coin tobacco or you literally mean you slice it from a rope?

Love coins but havnt tried rope.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go easy at first. If you feel a little strange, that's fine. If you feel really strange, then stop puffing for a few minutes. Don't puff just to keep it going. Pay close attention to your body.
In short, don't be like this guy:

Last edited:

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Haven't tried any yet, but they're on my radar. I'm strangely attracted to the G&H Cherry Twist, but afraid at the same time...... I'd try anything by them or SG or Germain.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just go easy at first. If you feel a little strange, that's fine. If you feel really strange, then stop puffing for a few minutes. Don't puff just to keep it going. Pay close attention to your body.
That was like a train wreck...I could not look away. Did he blink once in that entire video???

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hahhahaha what a doosh. Dont go chasing waterfalls..

Edit: the guy in the video!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't want to jack this thread, but is there anyway I can save and share that video from tapatalk with someone who's not on this site? That was crazy! Haha!

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm not sure I understand why rope would have more nicotine than flake, say.....? It would depend on the tobacco it's made out of not the shape it's pressed into, no?