What's new

Your store humidifier

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I'm at my BM and my box that I have here I have a tube of beads. Anyway they are dry. So I asked if they have any distilled water. No. I asked what they use in their humidifiers, they said tap water. I'm like ?

Is this correct? They don't need to use distilled water?

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I had to tell mine.

My locker is at 62 and I'm not thrilled about it. I keep my good shit at home.

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
using distilled or tap water doesnt really matter, its only meant to preserve the light of your humidification device as to prevent hard minerals from building up on them once the water evaporates. Afterall its not like the iron in the tap water evaporates with the water and into your cigars haha

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Yet another reason not to have a locker at a b&m. They are too difficult to maintain a happy humidity and temp, as Justin would know:stretcher, if they are put in direct sunlight they will fry, and frankly, if they are not using distiller water you should pull your shit! Just my 2€

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
using distilled or tap water doesnt really matter, its only meant to preserve the light of your humidification device as to prevent hard minerals from building up on them once the water evaporates. Afterall its not like the iron in the tap water evaporates with the water and into your cigars haha
yep, that is basically what they told me

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Common to use tap water. With my local the lockers have a separate humi system though that is temp and humi controlled and runs through the back of the lockers through a webbing to reach all the lockers.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I have seen the effects of a humidifer and bad water. It can blow depoisits over every surface in the room. But if it hasn't happened yet, it probably won't

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My B&M uses tap water and I dont worry too much about it. He has had one humidifier going for about 5 years now and I do not see any mineral deposits causing issues with the thing. As for the smokes who knows. I doubt they water the things with distilled water while they are growing. Now with beads I use the distilled without a doubt.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Some places may have put reverse osmosis filter's in there main water system. Staff may not even know. It depends on the type of humidifier how much of the minerals will be brought with the water into the air. If you run a high volume ultrasonic humidifier it will take all the minerals with it. Also non distilled water can help promote mold growth at lower then normal percentages. And the chemicals in tap water I would prefer not to give the opportunity to build in my cigars.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
yup..

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
They have a very nice filtration system on thier misters. I gues you could call it reverse osmosis filtered water.

I was at another B&M a few months back and watched a guy fill a jug from the bathroom tap and fill up the cabinet humidifiers.... bad thing was there were 4 boxes of Liga Privadas with mold all over them....
Didn't tell them they had mold, but they did overhear our "is this plume.... NOPE! Its mold" conversation.