What's new

Your thoughts on new GOF

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hi brothers,

Thought I would drop in and ask your opinions. I just finished a God Of Fire Serie B, I was surprisingly disappointed in the cigar. I love the GOF by Carlito and honestly think it's one of the best cigars made. However the Serie B 2010 was just not what I expected. It was an excellent cigar, but not nearly mind blowing as the original. What are your thoughts on the new GOF Serie B. I know it has a different wrapper and is it's own cigar, just didn't feel like it was the same caliber cigar as the original 2 blends.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Which one did you smoke? The Robusto and Robusto Gordo have Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrappers and the Toro and Double Robustos have Conn Broadleaf Maduros. I personally love both wrappers, but I think the Sun Grown ones are fantastic.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I like them but they have a way to go. They need some time but I think they will come around.
Baller! :pokemyeye

Loved GOF by Carlito. I never bought any of the others because of the cost factor. On a budget I could get two great cigars for the price of just that one. That being said and not being a huge Fuente lover, if I could swing it I would buy a few GOF's from Carlito just to have on hand. It was a great cigar.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
From the color of the wrapper I'd guess it was Robusto Gordo, and the size. I'm not putting the cigar down by any means. It was a very good cigar. My question was more towards is it the same caliber as the originals? The original GOF are just simply amazing quality cigars.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I personally like the Serie B more than the Carlitos, and the Carlitos more than the Carlos. I am kind of a GoF fanboy.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I bought a box of robustos and a box of toros when they were released. They are getting better with some rest. The toro (maduro) has been much better for me, but the robustos are still good as well. I probably would buy singles if I could do it all again. Everyone's cigar budget is a little different, and for me, these are $12 cigars. I remember liking the Carlito blend more than these. Still very good smokes though.