What's new

Your Thoughts on the Partagas 160??

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hello there brothers, recently I purchased a couple of Partagas 160s from one of my local shops, it was a nice little sale, buy one get one 50%off. So I bought a couple. Being that these little F*ckers are $26.00 a peice and are claimed to be a 30 year old Cameroon wrapper, and what like 15 year old binder and filler? I was expecting a rather good smoke. Actually I was expecting an excellent smoke, but no, again I was let down. I have a couple more but I doubt if my mind will change on them.

I would like all the brothers around to please comment with your thoughts if you have smoked one or more of these. I'd appreciate the feed back.

Thanks brothers.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
haven't had the 160. was just gifted my first 150. i hear they're very mild!!

I'm in the same boat...i have a 160 robusto minor that i' ve not tried yet, and i've had the 150. The 150 was a great mild/med smoke. I had mine first thing in the mroning on Father's day and it was great!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I dont care for these at all, I enjoy a mild smoke from time to time, but I honestly do not think I would buy a 160 even at $5.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I was gifted one & thought it was a very good, but mild smoke. I love the spiciness of cameroon wrapper, but maybe the age has mellowed out even that.

I purchase a minor for I think 16 or 18? I haven't brought myself to fire it up yet though.

I think it's worth trying & definitely has a cool factor that it has that amount of age on it. But for the money, It's not quite the 'experience/event' you get in many other sticks in the price range: Davidoff, Padron, etc...

Just my 2 cents...

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The Partagas 160 is one of the most disappointing cigars I've ever smoked. It was far, far too light flavor wise--might have well just smoked paper.

It's been a couple of years since I've smoked one, but I still feel ripped off for what I paid ($25+)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The Partagas 160 is one of the most disappointing cigars I've ever smoked. It was far, far too light flavor wise--might have well just smoked paper.

It's been a couple of years since I've smoked one, but I still feel ripped off for what I paid ($25+)
Yep. I second that.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I've been smoking cigars off and on for over 30 years and have never spent half of $25 on a cigar.
Never been to Casa Fuente eh? You just cant help yourself there, I write it off to ambience,:innocent:

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well it sounds like There is a general agreement that they are not worth the money paid for them, and I agree. To be honest I was really dissapointed in them, so I will prob. never waste my time on the 150 either. Well at least I know I am not crazy for not liking or enjoying that 26 dollar dog rocket. Thanks for all the comments brothers.