What's new

ZippoBlu

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I havenot seen one yet, but my B&M said they will have some soon, but they also said the initial reviews they are hearing are not as good as you would expect. Bummer if that is true.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I saw them in a shop, they are quite nice. a little bulky, and a little high priced I think. I will buy one anyway sooner or later if I find a good deal, cause I collect Zippo's. i think I have like 50+.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I signed up to get a free one by mail at the Big Smoke, but it never came.
They do look kinda cool tho.

TYLER

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I picked one up because I too was optimistic about them but they are not worth the money IMHO. Bulky, the hinge was flimsy, etc...

I heard they are slightly redesigning them make improvements after the initial complaints.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I to collect Zippo's so I wanted one to add to the pile.. I talked with a guy at zippo and was told that yes they did do a redesign on some point in late 2007..:yes: Yesterday I was at the B+M and the guy there remembered me talking about the a few months back and said that his shop had received a selection of the reworked blu's and since they were not out on the shelf he cut me a deal. so I bought 2..(30% off):skew: But I did not get any gas to fill them.:bigeyes: . I like the over all "feel" and dig what they re going for ..as for niche'
But most of all... It is made in the USA, and you cannot really find too much of that type of item when most of the market is grown and used in the rest of the world..So if its a POS I'll send it back as Zippo does not charge anything for repairs..

Patch58

Hospital Slave Labor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of the new redesigned ones from my girlfriend for V day, and I must say I like it. It works great and holds the flame really well.

Patch:cool:

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW, I think the best Zippo for cigars is the regular Zippo with your choice of the regular insert and Zippo fuel, the Z-Plus insert if you want a torch, or the Vector Thunderbird insert if you want a butane soft flame. I have all of them, and they all are great.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I collect Zippo's too. I have over 50 at this point.
I am definatly getting a Blu, but I have been stalling becuase of the poor reviews.
Glad to hear about the redesign, I will wait a bit longer and see if I can get a good deal on one.
I would use a Zippo (assuming it worked well) over any other lighter. But thats just cause it goes with my style, and existing collection. I also like the made in USA part.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I just got a new lighter and while shopping I asked the stre owner what she thought of the Blus. She siad she was unimpressed and had even heard of some of them breaking. Just what I heard.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new lighter and while shopping I asked the stre owner what she thought of the Blus. She siad she was unimpressed and had even heard of some of them breaking. Just what I heard.
The zippo blus have been discontinued, they sold the trademark to blu e zigs. I honestly want one for the simple fact that I love zippos and its the last torch flame lighter made in usa. Did the store have any Blu2s in stock? Id love to try one.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
The zippo blus have been discontinued, they sold the trademark to blu e zigs. I honestly want one for the simple fact that I love zippos and its the last torch flame lighter made in usa. Did the store have any Blu2s in stock? Id love to try one.
Well, his post was 10 years ago, so......
Have you tried Ebay? Probably gonna be that, flea market, or some small out of the way B&M that doesn't get its stock turned over regularly.