What's new

10 Rules for Cigar Lounge Etiquette

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Nice find!

Only thing I'd add, is to never 'mash' out your cigar......lay it down and let it die with some dignity. The smell from 'mashing' your cigar out like a cigarette, can be unpleasant to some, myself included.

Jeffrey L.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Most excellant find Brian, thanks for posting my friend!

My two biggest complaints is No.8 and No.9!!

.....and Jeffrey is 100% right about Rule No.11!!! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Great rules! Although, I have to admit I'm guilty of #2 (nobody sells Tats here). But to be fair, I gifted the manager a few Tats before ever bringing one to smoke, and I always bought something there as well.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If I bring a cigar from home I always make sure to at least purchase the same amount of cigars at the B&M as I brought from home to smoke in the lounge.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
No.2 : I don't see a problem smoking sticks from home as long as it is okay with the owner/manager and you buy sticks there as well.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Nice, every B&M should have this posted somewhere lol.

Working at a shop I am guilty of violating rule 6, but it is part of my job to help the "noobs" with lighting and cutting their cigar.

Rule 2 doesn't bother me as long as you support the shop.

Rule 8 is a big one, the lounge is here for enjoyment, at least make some effort to pick up after yourself.

9 doesn't bother me as long as the person isn't spending more than a minute or two on the phone. Everyone has things going on that they need to be reached for, just be curteous to those around you.

10 irritates the hell out of me, we have a guy who on several occassions has straight interupted salespeople with "his" opinion. We have an understanding amongst each other that if you aren't cosigning on what someone is saying then just STFU.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Great find, Brian! Thanks for sharing...

I might add, "When meeting Grandpa Bob at a cigar store/lounge, BE CAUTIOUS!" He tends to kick your ass around all day long!!

guado

OCD Cigar Hoarder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome find! I need to print it out and highlight certain rules and have them to certain people at my lounge...more than likely they wouldn't get the hint anyway...

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Awesome find.

I must admit I'm guilty of violating the following, however not all the time.

Rule# 6. However, I never do this with people I don't know. I only do it with whoever accompanied me to the lounge and it's usually because they're noobs.

Rule#8. I always try to ash properly. However, some times it catches me off gaurd and hits the floor. I used to clean it up all the time or ask for a broom. However, 9 out of 10 times I got told to not worry about it that they'd take care of it. So now, I don't.

Shame on me, I know.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Some great ones there, though many of them fall in the category of "common sense" and "manners" to me.

I'd say this would be a good list for general etiquette whenever outside the house.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Etiquette rules are a great fine!

I mean we all talk about them, but to formally list them is GREAT!

Totally guilty of #6 on my last trip to the B&M.
Burbon can fill yall in.

and I typically ash in my lap, so no worry about cleanup! HA.

Ok, So if I buy two at a B&M can I smoke two of my own?
--Typically if I smoke 2 of my own, I buy 3-4, cuz you know BOTL has taught me all about math!--

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
To add another twist to the etiquette issue, how about those B&M's out there who WON'T allow you to stay and smoke unless you're a member (or rent a locker from them), abolishing that policy once and for all. There are a couple of these locally and they may be in the minority, but this should never be the case, ever, IMO.

Is there any legit reason for a policy like this to exist - just curious?