What's new

10mm

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm got a S&W 1066... first pistol I ever bought and I wouldn't trade it for anything.... Well maybe a Delta Elite in 10mm.

SADave

ReDNecK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I can't wait to have Fusion build me a 6" 1911 in 10mm for hog hunting" All you need for that is some dogs and a nice hog sticker(knife). guns take the fun outta of the hunt.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Theyres a reson they call the 40 10mm short and weak. Most commercial 10mm loads are just expensive 40s in a longer case. Get some Buffalo bore or double tap and shoot some real 10mm and you will understand the difference. Good 10mm loads outclass 357 magnums. Still think it sucks?

Im ok with true magnum Performance from a autopistol.

And when you dont want to shot hot stuff you can downgrade to light 40 style loads.

10mm is awesome because it can go from beast to pussycat with nothing but a mag change.

Sent from my DROIDXified ICS D2

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
10mm...357 magnum...throw em in a hat and blind draw and whatever comes out will work for you. The difference in ballistics are minimal and I wouldn't want to get shot with either one. Having said that...God carries a 1911. Cocked and locked .45 baby!:tonguerol

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a friend of mine shot with a .45. He was shooting the bad guy with his 10mm. After he recovered, he sold the 10mm and bought a .45.:guitar:

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I guess there may be something to be said about "right sidearm for the right job", but if the 1911 won't do the job you want your sidearm to do, you may be asking too much of a sidearm. That said, I guess somebody needs to reinvent the wheel once in a while. I shoot something, I want it to die. Beast to pussycat? No thanks.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I guess there may be something to be said about "right sidearm for the right job", but if the 1911 won't do the job you want your sidearm to do, you may be asking too much of a sidearm. That said, I guess somebody needs to reinvent the wheel once in a while.
I highly disagree. Modern manufacturing processes have slaughtered the beloved 1911 design. If something like a Glock, CZ, M&P, etc cannot fill your needs... then yes, you have unrealistic expectations. But the failure rate of modern 1911s [below a certain quality grade] is too high.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Modern manufacturing processes have slaughtered the beloved 1911 design.
I would perhaps rephrase that. I can shoot the wings off of a gnat with my Colt Combat Elite. Its all about how comfortable you are with the firearm. And i have yet to meet anyone (again yet) that has not been comfortable with a 1911 from the very first time they pulled the trigger. It all boils down to what will yield the most lethal shots on target. And maybe I'm just lucky, but the handful of 1911s i have owned never misfired on me. Actually that's not true, someone once loaded one of my Mk. IVs with a rounded soft point lead bullet. Those feed ramps never were meant for that type of round.

And sadly i am going to jump on the "Dont like 10mm" band wagon. I feel with the correct ammo, a 40 or even a 9mm will do what i need it to do. Keep in mind i have no desire to shoot hogs or bears or anything larger than a 6'3" 240lb meth head. i find that the 40 or 9 HST rounds will give me sufficient results with minimal kick. just my $0.02 i guess.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I would love to rephrase it, but I won't. The 1911 was designed when hand-fitting was the only possible option. That is how it is intended to be produced. All of my time spent training and competing... I have fallen in love with the good ol' slabslides. But the hard truth is, you will almost guaranteed see more fail on competition day or in a class than any other platform. Which brings me back to my original point... these are not properly built guns failing constantly. They are products by companies who pump them out as fast as they can.

But I completely agree that 9mm or larger is perfectly acceptable for defense. Do I have a passion for the 10mm in niche situations? Yes. But 9mm and .45 are really the only calibers I have any interest in owning and shooting for semis, with 9mm quickly taking the crown.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I would love to rephrase it, but I won't. The 1911 was designed when hand-fitting was the only possible option. That is how it is intended to be produced. All of my time spent training and competing... I have fallen in love with the good ol' slabslides. But the hard truth is, you will almost guaranteed see more fail on competition day or in a class than any other platform. Which brings me back to my original point... these are not properly built guns failing constantly. They are products by companies who pump them out as fast as they can.

But I completely agree that 9mm or larger is perfectly acceptable for defense. Do I have a passion for the 10mm in niche situations? Yes. But 9mm and .45 are really the only calibers I have any interest in owning and shooting for semis, with 9mm quickly taking the crown.

I suppose this must be an agree to disagree moment. Since you have obviously seen them fail frequently and i have seen them perform without a hitch. But in the end, the only thing that matters is if the shooter feels competent in his side arm. Thats the beauty of firearms, each person sings to a different tune